Saturday, January 16, 2016

Lovebirds - Paper Smooches Valentine

Paper Smooches released near the end of last year these darling Birds and Fused Frame dies. I thought they were great to make a cute little Valentine with for my husband. After I made the card pictured above, I looked at it the next day and thought it might look better with a brown background behind the birds. Which one do you like better? I can't decide.

I used a woodgrain embossing folder from Tim Holtz for the background of this card. After embossing the card stock, I sponged the raised surface very lightly with Chocolate Chip ink from Stampin Up. The subtle color really makes those grains pop. You could also ink up the inside of the embossing folder before embossing if you wanted something more prominent.

Lovebirds Card Supplies:
Card Stock: Stampin Up Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Real Red
Ink: Stampin Up Chocolate Chip, Basic Black
Dies: Paper Smooches Birds, Fused Frame
Punch: Martha Stewart Hearts
Embossing Folder: Tim Holtz Woodgrain

As you can see in the pictures, I have my Valentines Day decorations out. Typically when I put Christmas away, the Valentines come out to keep some color in the house.

Happy stamping!

** I entered this card in the Paper Smooches January Challenge - 4 colors. I've got Stampin Up Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Real Red, and Basic Black. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Alexandra Trofimov said...

The woodgrain embossed background really works well with the red and the die cuts. Very cute.