Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Hello Sunshine

 
Hello my favorite blog readers!
 
A friend of mine recently had surgery. I've known her for about 20 years. I met her at work and just loved her personality. She is one of those people that tells it like it is.  You never have to wonder what she is thinking, because she'll tell you! When she would come into work and look in a not so good of a mood, I'd smile and say "hello sunshine". Although she didn't show it . . . I think she loved it! She never said anything and sometimes would smile back at me.  Years later . . . like maybe 5 years ago, she told me her Dad use to call her that. I was delighted to hear it was a fond memory for her and not something totally annoying.
 
Her surgery went well, and she is recovering now. I wanted to send her a card to let her know I was thinking of her. So how perfect is the Lawn Fawn hello sunshine stamp set? PERFECTION all around! And of course, there are coordinating dies. I kept it simple and sponged Tim Holtz Distress Ink for a soft sky background that fades down to the sentiment. It's hard to tell in the picture, but I added a little glossy accents to the heart to shine and raise it off the card a little.
 
hello sunshine Card Supplies:
Lawn Fawn Stamps & Dies: hello sunshine
Stampin Up Cardstock: Whisper White
Stampin Up Ink: Basic Black, Real Red
Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Peacock Feathers
Other: Ranger Glossy Accents, Tsukineko Sponge Daubers
 
Have sunshine filled day and happy stamping!
 

No comments: