Thursday, September 25, 2014

With Heartfelt Sympathy


I tend to gravitate towards neutrals when I’m looking to make a soft, sensitive themed card. The best example I have for this is a sympathy card which everyone hopes they never have to use, but it’s always good to have one on hand.
I started with a rich Chocolate Chip card base and added a layer of Crumb Cake on top embossed with Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  The sketchy flowers are stamped from a retired Stampin Up set called Simply Soft and the sentiment is from Close As A Memory.  Although these sets are no longer available through Stampin Up, the Love & Sympathy set would give you the same type of look and it has the loveliest saying for the inside as well. Bonus!
After I stamped the images on Very Vanilla cardstock, I layered it on a slightly larger piece of Chocolate Chip to match the card base. Sometimes this extra layer makes your images really stand out. I wrapped some delicate looking lace around the base and added a daisy border to the bottom.

I recently found this darling package of Recollections Butterflies at Michaels and thought this would be a good place to use one. It matches my color scheme perfectly! Lastly, the top right-hand corner looked a little bare so I added some brownish little rhinestones to finish it off.

Supplies:
Stampin Up Stamp Sets: Close As A Memory, Simply Soft
Stampin Up Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
Tools: Stampin Up Embossing Folder Perfect Polka Dots, Martha Stewart Daisy Punch
Accessories: Lace Ribbon from local craft store, Recollections Butterflies, Paper Studio Rhinestones
Coming soon . . . I have some new stamp sets that arrived on my doorstep from Lawn Fawn, My Favorite Things, and Stampin Up. I’m looking forward to sharing some fall themed cards with you soon using these newly released sets.

Thank you for visiting today and happy stamping!

No comments: