Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Anniversary

I am approaching my 12 year wedding anniversary. Boy, that is a long time! Last November I celebrated my 10 year anniversary at my place of employment. Sounds like I'm getting old, doesn't it? Let's not go there.

I made this anniversary card for my husband. The background stamp is Stampin' Up! Tres Chic and the flowers are from Watercolor Trio.

I did some sponging on this card to give it a soft, delicate effect. All you do is take a sponge and dab it on your ink pad to collect some ink, then sponge the ink on your cardstock. To achieve darker color in some areas, just sponge over the same area several times.

Here is a peek at the inside of the card. The sentiment is from the Stampin' Up! All Holidays set.

Have a great day and happy stamping!


TO ORDER STAMPIN' UP! PRODUCTS ON-LINE 24/7, CLICK HERE!

Recipe (all supplies from Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Tres Chic, Watercolor Trio, All Holidays, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Tempting Turquoise
Card Stock: Whisper White
Accessories: Pretties Kit
Tools: Scallop Edge Punch

9 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Happy Anniversary - wait til you crack 35 - then you will be old! :) Very pretty card!

Carla Bazhenow said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Your card is beautiful Tiffany. Hugs, Carla

Melissa said...

Happy Anniversary!

What a gorgeous card! I love the layering of the stamps! Clever!

Patti MacLeith said...

Congrats, Tiffany! I agree with Linda--30 years here! The card is gorgeous and I hope you enjoy your day!

Pam~ said...

Happy Anniversary and a very pretty card to go with it. Have a great day!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Oooh! I needed an idea for a card, today ... and this sponging idea is just perfect! Thanks Tiffany! Hugs Andrea xx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Oh ... I am a peanut head ... I forgot to say ... happy anniversary! And ... don't worry ... you are NOT OLD!!! I am 27 years married!!! Now ... that is old! Hugs xxAxx

Kim said...

Beautiful card for your hubby! Love the design - the sponging and layering look great! Happy Anniversary and many more!!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Happy Anniversary!

This is a gorgeous card.