Sunday, March 28, 2010

Easter Wishes

Easter is right around the corner! Don't these cute little chicks look festive or are you too distracted by the foiled covered milk chocolate eggs? Mmmm! My photography skills are lacking, so I thought the little props might enhance my photo.

I love to emboss! The very first card making class I ever took was an embossing class. They utilized the old brass embossing templates and a stylus with a light table. I was so thrilled with the technique and what I created, I bought everything I needed to emboss and went to town with it! I still have my old collection of brass templates. Stampin' Up! still sells some of these on page 188 in the IB&C. I am totally spoiled now with my Big Shot and embossing folders which make things much easier and quicker!

My new favorite embossing product is Stampin' Up! Texturz Plates. The one I used for the chicks white background on this Easter card is called Perfect Details. The Texturz Plates come double-sided and measure 8" x 5-7/8". You simply run them through your Big Shot using the Multipurpose Platform, Impressions Pad, and Silicone Rubber. Stampin Up sells three different packages of these.

I'm off to buy my Easter ham and maybe some more foiled eggs. The ones in the picture . . . gone!

Enjoy your Sunday and happy stamping!


TO ORDER STAMPIN' UP! PRODUCTS ON-LINE 24/7, CLICK HERE!
Recipe for Easter Wishes Card (all supplies from Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: A Good Egg (#114974), All Holidays (#114916)
Ink: Basic Gray, Watercolor Pencils (#101879), Blender Pens (#102845)
Card Stock: Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Almost Amethyst
Designer Series Paper: Tea Party (#113992)
Tools: Perfect Details Texturz Plates (#115962), white uni-ball Signo Gel Pen (#105021)

5 comments:

Carla Bazhenow said...

Oh I love your chicks and your chocolate!!! Hugs,

Mary Fish said...

Love your trio of chicks. The background is perfect. Those little chocolate eggs are so clever for "staging." Hugs, M

Patti MacLeith said...

Welcome back, Tiffany! I love these little chicks. You went overboard with your photo decorations, too! Edible--very green of you!

Linda Callahan said...

This is so sweet - all the way around - love those chickies!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Cute idea!

I love those little chicks.