Sunday, December 6, 2009

Recycle Your Christmas Cards

I've been saving for the past couple years my favorite Christmas cards I receive over the holidays in hopes to do something with them. I've seen ideas for making ornaments out of them, but that appears to be a little time consuming. I came up with the idea of recycling my Christmas cards into Christmas cards once again! All you need is an array of Stampin' Up! card stock, Big Shot & dies, and a little creativity. I've been whipping out a bunch of these!

This Santa card on the right was a card front that sparkled from the subtle addition of glitter on it. I used the Stampin' Up! Scallop Circle Bigz Die to cut it out the main image of the card and layered it on some shimmery Christmas scrapbook paper. I attached it to Real Red card stock to make a 5x5 card. This card took me minutes to create!
The card to the left was created using the Stampin' Up! Top Note Bigz Die. I couldn't resist the little snowman & glittery snowflakes on this Christmas card I received last year. I attached the metal sentiment under the snowman and tied Bashful Blue ribbon around the Top Note die cut. The Brushed Silver card stock was the perfect card base for this recycled Christmas card.

I had a Christmas card with this snowflake piece mounted on pop dots. I carefully pealed it off the card and reapplied new pop dots and used it on this card! Since the snowflake is silver, I used a little Stampin' Up! Brushed Silver card stock as one of my layers to pull it all together.

I have truly enjoyed this little project I made up and find it to be a fun challenge! I made these cards last weekend and made four more today.

I hope I've inspired you to save those holiday cards this year so that next year you can make these too! It's good for the environment to recycle, cheaper than buying cards, and fun to see where your creativity will take you.

Have fun creating!

TO ORDER STAMPIN' UP! PRODUCTS ON-LINE 24/7, CLICK HERE!

6 comments:

Carol said...

Brilliant cards and such clever use of the old cards. I shall be copying! lol

Patti MacLeith said...

I admit I've been doing this for years! It's great for tags, too!

Martha said...

Wonderful idea Tiffany. Love that you recycled old cards, I have a lot of them.

Mary Fish said...

Cute, smart and ooooohhhh so green! Thanks for sharing. Hugs, M

....Linda.... said...

Way to go green! I recycle like this to make my tags.

Kim said...

Beautiful cards and what a great idea!!!!