Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Preschool Shopping Day

I learned a valuable lesson from my sister . . . watch what you volunteer for at your child's school!

My full-time working sister has two boys. I've watched her volunteer for everything and be totally frazzled and stressed out because of it. She is also a little bit of a procrastinator which doesn't help these situations she gets herself into. The night before whatever event she volunteered for, she's running all over town buying stuff, or staying up until 1 am making something. God love her! She is a great mom!

I volunteered to make items for Brandon's preschool "Christmas Shopping Day". I thought it would be quite an easy task for me! I was hoping to make pretty things for kids to give their mom's, but when I got the call, they asked me to make something for dad's. I was totally bummed, stressed, and clueless as to what to make. I came up with the idea to alter these plain memo pads from the Dollar Store. I had some masculine looking patterned paper and embellishments in my stash to decorate them with. I hope they liked them.

One of my creative challenges (we'll call it), is making masculine themed cards or gifts. I was regretting signing up to make items for the shop when I was given my assignment, but I think it turned out ok. I also got to use up some supplies I've been meaning to do something with. It worked out!

How are you doing on your Christmas shopping? I am almost there. After Brandon told Santa this past weekend what he wanted, I realized I need one more thing. Thankfully, Brandon is a simple kid who likes simple things. I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Have fun getting ready for the holidays! I'll be back soon!

TO ORDER STAMPIN' UP! PRODUCTS ON-LINE 24/7, CLICK HERE!

7 comments:

Kim said...

Perfectly masculine!! You did an awesome job!

Patti MacLeith said...

You did a fantastic job, Tiffany! I never would have thought of that. I hope the kids liked buying those for their dads.

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Turned out OK?? I think they turned out awesome!!

Love the idea and you should be really proud of your work.

I remember being able to shop for my Mom & Dad in a little "store" during the holidays... it was so much fun. Wish they had that for my son in Kindergarten.

Mary Fish said...

The memo pads are trés cool. I just finished wrapping presents . . . just one left but waiting for UPS to bring it! Hugs, M

Carol said...

Brilliant Tiffany, love the paper you used did you add some sponging with ink to it as well?

Carla Bazhenow said...

Fabulous job, they are wonderful. Hugs,

....Linda.... said...

These are terrific - great idea~don't you love it when it all just works?!?!?