Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Glistening Your Holiday Cards

We had our first snowfall of the season this past weekend. Guess who was the first one out there rolling around in it? Not me! Brandon will turn four years old this weekend and he loves the snow as you can tell from the picture.

When the sun came out Sunday afternoon the snow was glistening. It was the perfect inspiration for making a holiday card using the new Shimmer Paints from the Stampin' Up! holiday mini. I used Frost White on this card. I added a little paint on a sponge and then gently rubbed it over my embossed image and sentiment. I even put a little over the flower and leaves.

I must warn you, the Stampin' Up! Shimmer Paint comes in a very small bottle. When you order it from me, you'll think you've been ripped off. That's what I thought when I received my bottle. Rest assured, a little goes a really long way. I'm not exaggerating!

Don't forget, everything from the Stampin' Up! holiday mini can be ordered through January 4th. This includes all three colors of Shimmer Paint. After that, it's history!

Stampin' Up! is really coming up with some fabulous new products for 2010!!!! We're talking clear stamps and a new punch design. Stay tuned for some sneak peeks!

TO ORDER STAMPIN' UP! PRODUCTS ON-LINE 24/7, CLICK HERE!

Recipe (all supplies from Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Christ is Born
Ink: Garden Green, White Pen
Card Stock: Whisper White, Real Red, Garden Green
Designer Series Paper: Christmas Cocoa
Accessories: Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon, Frost White Shimmer Paint, Button Latte, Pretties Kit
Tools: Circle Scissor Plus, 5 Petal Flower Punch, Petals-A-Plenty Impressions Folder, Little Leaves Sizzlits Die

8 comments:

Kim said...

What a beautiful card!
Happy birthday to your son! Looks like he had fun!! We just got a dusting, not enough for my girls to go out and play and they just can't wait!! But I'm SURE there will be plenty more to come!

Cards by Gina said...

Love your card, Tiffany! Simple and beautiful and I love the "glistening"! Happy Birthday to your son! Children and snow--go hand in hand!

Mary Fish said...

Love your continued simple style. The texture is perfect. Love the photo! Hugs, M

Carol said...

Brilliant card. Nice and quick to make several at a time!lol Say happy birthday to Brandon from me.
:-)) Lucky you with the snow, we've just got rain rain rain here in Cornwall UK

Carrie said...

Cute picture! I love the word "glistening" and your card certainly makes me think of it! Very pretty.

Patti MacLeith said...

Appreciate the tip about the shimmer paint. Love the snow pics. And your card is fantastic! That ribbon down the middle is such a great idea!

Carla Bazhenow said...

What a wonderful card... I love it. Happy Birthday to your son from me too. *smile* Hugs,

Margaret Moody said...

What a pretty card, Tiffany! Love the embossed background circle! It really highlights the pretty flower and greenery! Love it!