Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Homemade Halloween Decoration

Create an easy tabletop Halloween decoration using some of your favorite Stampin' Up! Halloween Designer Series Paper and coordinating card stock.

I started with an inexpensive 5x5 black frame purchased from a local craft store. I had some leftover SU! Cast-A-Spell DSP from making another project, so I used those leftovers to punch out the squares. I layered them on coordinating card stock punched out with the Scallop Square Punch. Once my focal piece was created, I simply created 5 layers alternating black with colored card stock. What do you think?

I have this framed paper artwork on my end table next to a halloween decorated tree. It matches it perfectly! What's fun about making your own decorations is that they are one of a kind. People will ask where you bought it and you can proudly say you created it!

If you have any questions on how to make this decoration, please don't hesitate to e-mail me. I'd love to help you!

TO ORDER STAMPIN' UP! PRODUCTS ON-LINE 24/7, CLICK HERE!

Recipe (all supplies from SU! unless noted otherwise):
Designer Series Paper: Cast-A-Spell (#115677)
Card Stock: Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive
Tools: Scallop Square Punch (#112081), 1 3/8 Square Punch (#103375),
Black 5x5 frame from local craft store

7 comments:

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Very cool!

I love this idea.

....Linda.... said...

oooooo - I like this!

Melissa said...

I am all over this, girl! Now you have put some ideas in my head! (there wasn't any room to spare!)

Very sharp idea!

Mary Fish said...

Love this splash of color and pattern in a frame. Very clever. Hugs, M

Patti MacLeith said...

Tiffany this is simply cool!

Kim said...

Great idea Tiffany!

Carla Bazhenow said...

What a terrific idea... wonderful! Hugs,