Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Grateful for Fall

Fall has arrived! I don't know if it's official yet, but after Labor Day weekend I call it fall. I'm a little anxious because it's my favorite season! I had a wonderful long weekend with family. We went to an amusement park, had a picnic, built a campfire, went to an outdoor concert, and saw fireworks. I think I was a little too busy because I came down with a horrible cold the other day! I went to the doctor today and got a prescription, so hopefully I'll be better by the weekend.

Among all my travels this past weekend, I was amazed at how many trees have leaves that are already changing colors! It inspired me to use the Stampin' Up! Designer Series Paper, Autumn Traditions. What perfect paper for fall themed cards or scrapbook pages. I stamped the leaves at the top of the card using the Falling Leaves stamp set, and then cut them out Paper Snips which are great for cutting into the tiniest of areas. Paper Snips are a must have!

The recipe for this creation can be found at the bottom of the post. You'll notice I used some ribbon from my Ribbon Originals share! This set, Orchard, coordinates with the Autumn Traditions paper. That's what I love about SU! They make it easy to create with everything that coordinates!

Please leave me a comment and let me know if you are a fall season lover or not? If you have a favorite fall themed stamp set, I'd love to know that too! I love Falling Leaves and Season of Friendship.

If you need further directions on how to create the card pictured today, please drop me an e-mail HERE and I'll be glad to help you.

Enjoy and have a wonderful day!


TO ORDER STAMPIN' UP! PRODUCTS ON-LINE 24/7, CLICK HERE!

Recipe (all supplies from Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Falling Leaves (#115368)
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, More Mustard, Ruby Red, Always Artichoke
Designer Series Paper: Autumn Traditions (#115668)
Card Stock: Very Vanilla
Accessories: Ribbon Originals Orchard (#116232)
Tools: Top Note Bigz Die (#113463)

9 comments:

Melissa said...

This totally puts me in the autumn mood! love the colors - so rich. Your layout is adorable!

It's my fav season as well! Woohoo!

Kim said...

Perfect fall card! I hate saying goodbye to summer, but I do enjoy the fall - apple picking, pumpkin picking, jumping in leaves :), cozy sweaters - its bittersweet

Kim said...

Oh, feel better!!!

Patti MacLeith said...

Such a sweet card, Tiffany! Hope you are feeling better already.

Carrie said...

I love the fall look to this card. That rick rack is so pretty.

Margaret Moody said...

So very pretty, Tiffany! Love the papers and colors you used! It certainly puts me in a fall mood!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Oh ... this is just lovely ... but I am really grateful that spring is here! (in Australia) Sounds like you have had some really special family time.

....Linda.... said...

Perfect look for fall - love how you used the top note die.

Carla Bazhenow said...

Super card. Love those rich colors and your layout. Fabulous. Hugs