Thursday, August 6, 2009

Sketch Challenge from Pals Paper Arts


I'm a bit of a rebel today! I took the Pals Paper Arts sketch challenge, using all Stampin' Up! products, and turned it on it's side. I wasn't trying to be a rebel. I was actually just having a hard time with the sketch at it's given position. Since I'm one of the "pals" I think they won't be too hard on me. :)

My PPA2 Sketch Challenge card recipe:

*The card base is Pretty in Pink.

* The next layer is a 5.25x4 piece of Garden Green card stock decoratively edged with the Scalloped Edge Punch, and dotted scallops with a white pen.

*
Tea Party Designer Series Paper tops off the Garden Green card stock with a scalloped border as well.

* A 2.75x3.75 Garden Green card stock will anchor the sentiment piece.

* The sentiment, from
Sincere Salutations, was inked in Garden Green card stock and stamped on Whisper White (2.5x3.5).

* A coordinating design of Tea Party DSP (2.25x2) was attached above the sentiment.

* Using the
Scallop Circle Punch and several circle punches, I created a little floral embellishment.

* The center of the scallop circle is a flower & leaf from the
Season of Friendship stamp set inked in Garden Green and Pretty in Pink. The center of the flower is a Pretty in Pink brad.

* Last but not least, a little satin pink ribbon from my stash tied off this creation with a little bow.

I hope you play along with the challenge! It's always fun to see what others create from a sketch.

Enjoy your day and thank you for stopping by!


To order Stampin' Up! products on-line 24/7, CLICK HERE!

Stampin' Up! Product List
Stamps: Sincere Salutations (#115068), Season of Friendship (#111776)
Ink: Garden Green, Pretty in Pink, Uni-Ball Signo Gel Pen (white)
Card Stock: Pretty in Pink, Garden Green, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper: Tea Party (#113992)
Tools: Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8 Circle Punch, 1 1/4 Circle Punch, Scallop Edge Punch
Accessories: Soft Subtle Brads, Pink Satin Ribbon

14 comments:

Margaret Moody said...

I love how you turned the sketch on the side, Tiffany! I was hoping someone who try that! You're not a rebel...just creative! Love your colors and the DSP you used! Too pretty! Thanks for participating in PPA2!

Stampin' Diva said...

Great job of turning the sketch over. I love it. It's gorgeous!!!

Sunstamper said...

I love the sketch on its side. Great job. Your color choices are beautiful. TFS

Kim said...

Beautiful card Tiffany. Love that you turned the sketch - us rebels must stick together :)

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh! You rebel, you! I would never have thought of turning the sketch on the side. I love the colors, too! Super job, Tiffany! Thanks for playing at PPA, Pal!

Gina Shaw said...

I love that you turned the sketch on its side. Your card is great. Love the colors!

Patti said...

It's not enough that your card is so cute, but you also turned the sketch! I love it! Excellent, Tiffany!

Nancy Riley said...

So pretty! Great colors!

linda callahan said...

You are a rebel! Love the sideways take on the sketch - very pretty colors.....so summery.

Melissa said...

Always take the path less traveled!

Love this - I had no idea the tea party paper was so pretty!

What a great job with the sketch, as always!

Carrie said...

I love all the details on this card, and that satin ribbon is SO pretty! Great job on the sketch!

GCgirl said...

What a really pretty card...love it!

Pals Paper Arts said...

Love the way you rebelled and flipped the card.

On behalf of the Pals Paper Arts design team, thank you for Playing @ the PPA!

Terri E. said...

Fun colors and great gel pen work. Fantastic job with the PPA sketch challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.