Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Picking Blueberries

I took my little guy with me this past Saturday to pick blueberries for the first time. We had fun! He was so into it and picked out really good ones. See how intent he looks in the picture? This was serious work to him. We ate so many of them, I think the blueberries seeped into my creativity this week. I had purples and blue on my mind.

It's just a simple card today, but hopefully you'll find it pretty. I used Stampin' Up! Eggplant Envy, Lavender Lace, and Brilliant Blue for the color combination. 1) Take a 5.5x4.25 Brilliant Blue card. Attach a 5x3.75 piece of Eggplant Envy, centered on the card front.

2) A 4.75x3.5 piece of Whisper White card stock will be stamped in the bottom left corner with the leafy branch from the Stampin Up Great Friend set. I used both Eggplant Envy & Lavender Lace ink to stamp with, and slightly overlapped my images.

3) The butterfly (from Great Friend stamp set), stamped in Brilliant Blue ink, will be stamped on a 2 inch square piece of Whisper White card stock and matted on Lavender Lace and Eggplant Envy with just a slight border showing of each color.

4) I embellished the butterfly by adding a floral body of Boho Blossoms in Lavender Lace and Eggplant Envy. A clear Dew Drop right in the center finished him off. I also added little white dots around the Lavender Lace flower with a white pen.

You can add just about any sentiment to this card. I used the "i miss you" from the new Stampin' Up! set FYI.

Blueberry season is until the end of August. I think we'll be making another trip and freeze some for the winter. I need to go scrapbook our outing to the blueberry farm! My purples and blue paper may be getting low.

Enjoy your day! Thank you for stopping by!


To order Stampin' Up! products on-line 24/7, CLICK HERE!

Recipe (all supplies from Stampin' Up! unless noted otherwise):
Stamps: Great Friend (#113792), FYI (#114365)
Ink & Card Stock: Eggplant Envy, Lavender Lace, Brilliant Blue, Whisper White
Accessories: Dew Drops
Tools: Boho Blossoms Punch (#110711)

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I love the center of that butterfly! What a great idea! Of course, you always have great ideas!

Carrie said...

This is so cute- your little guy and the blueberries! I love the color combo on your card.

Patti said...

I LOVE the color combo! I never would have thought of that. Very nicely done!

Mary Fish said...

Perfect inspiration. Love the layered stems and butterfly. Hugs,

Mary

Kim said...

He's so cute! :)
Simple and beautiful - never would have thought of those colors together, love them!

katou said...

Your card is definitely too beautiful,I love the butterfly.
But unfortunatly we don't have it in the french catalogue.
Thanks for your visit on my blog and your nice comment.
Katou (SU french demo)