Saturday, August 1, 2009

Bella Bleu Day!

I recently stumbled across a beautiful card and wondered what paper was on this card. To my surprise, it was Stampin' Up! Bella Bleu. I looked in the catalog and thought that had to be a retired paper because I certainly didn't recall it. Yes, there it was on page 162. The catalog picture does not do it justice. This paper is gorgeous!

I decided to make a card with it that resembles a book or notebook I guess? How did I do?

To make this style of card, the key ingredient is the Stampin' Up! Spiral Punch. Take your 4.25 x 5.5 inch card and where it folds, punch with the Spiral Punch along the edge. Once that is complete, I scored in about 1/2 inch from the fold/punched edge, and bent it slightly forward. Open the card and glue together along that 1/2 inch indentation. That's all there is to it. I added a little twine to where the binding is. You could also use ribbon or any other fibers you might have.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to e-mail me or leave a comment. Check out the recipe below for all the other Stampin' Up! supplies I used.

Have a fabulous Saturday and be sure to stop back soon!


To order Stampin' Up! products on-line 24/7, CLICK HERE!

Recipe (all supplies from Stampin' Up! unless noted otherwise):
Stamps: Great Friend (#113792)
Ink: Bordering Blue
Card Stock: Very Vanilla
Designer Series Paper: Bella Bleu (#113974)
Accessories: Hemp Twine, Sherbet Buttons (#116312)
Tools: Spiral Punch (#108341), Scallop Square (#112081)

4 comments:

Mary Fish said...

Bonjour to Bella Bleu. Pretty and clean. The sentiment is just the right font to mix with the style of the paper. Cool touch with the spiral punch. Hugs, Mary

Melissa said...

I love it! Very romantic! A true Tiffany creation!

Kim said...

Beautiful Tiffany - funny, I just got this paper out to play with too - forgot all about it since the last catty. It is so pretty!!

Patti said...

What a great idea! Putting that sentiment from Great Friend into a Square Scallop punch really makes it look so different!