Friday, July 24, 2009

Pretty in Pink Returns

I haven't posted a card with pink in awhile and we all know my love for pink! I realized when I uploaded this card that it matches my blog! Bonus! Have you ever seen the movie Pretty in Pink? It's a classic 80's movie! I love it!!!!

This is a simple little card with lots of layers! The card size is 3 x 5.25 and tucks right into Stampin Up Small Open-End Envelopes.

The first layer is Pretty in Pink embossed with the Finial Press Textured Impressions Die. This die is a new one from the current catalog and oh so pretty!

The next layer is a Pretty in Pink 5-Petal Flower with a Whisper White Boho Blossom, Pretty in Pink button (from the Sherbert button collection), and a little pearl from the Pretties Kit in the center of the button.

Lastly, I took a 2.5 x 2.75 square piece of Close to Cocoa cardstock and punched out a 5-Petal Flower to make a window. I attached it with Stampin Dimensionals directly over my Pretty in Pink flower piece.

Now that all the layers are complete, finish it off with a little sentiment at the bottom. I used the "thanks so much" from the Trendy Trees stamp set.

Pink and brown are one of my favorite color combinations. What is your favorite? Leave me a comment and you may see your favorite in an upcoming post.

Have a great day and go rent Pretty in Pink for the weekend! Thanks for visiting my blog today!


Recipe (all supplies from Stampin Up):
Stamps: Trendy Trees (item# 113258)
Ink: Close to Cocoa
Cardstock: Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa
Tools: Finial Press Die (#115963), 5-Petal Flower Punch (#109041), Boho Blossoms Punch (#110711)
Accessories: Sherbert buttons (#116312), Pretties Kit (#109114), ribbon

5 comments:

Kim S. said...

Great use of the flower punch! at first I thought this was from the Fresh Cuts card set! LOL! This color combo is beautiful but I am loving the new Cottage Wall paper! Purples & greens are my fav! Kim S.

Patti said...

Tiffany, this is so dreamy and layer-licious! My fav part is the button and pearl. So classy. I love the movie "Pretty in Pink" also!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Very pretty, Tiffany!

I love your use of embellishments.

I think Bermuda Bay, Chocolate Chip & Very Vanilla would be a stunning combo.

Carla Bazhenow said...

Gorgeous!

Kim said...

So pretty - great use of your negative from the flower punch. I love pinks and choc - actually anything lately with choc chip :)