Thursday, July 30, 2009

Pals Paper Arts Challenge

This morning is the launch of a new challenge blog called Pals Paper Arts! I'm excited to be a part of this blog because it's going to be fun! The color challenge (PPA1) for today was to use Stampin' Up! Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay & Chocolate Chip.

I gathered up my three colors and decided to use Very Vanilla for the background color. I added a little Razzle Dazzle & Razzleberry Lemonade to this card because it fits so well with the color combination.

I felt it needed a little hardware & I just couldn't find the right piece so I made one! I made a custom brad using the little flower from Razzle Dazzle and the Pewter Build-A-Brad set.

I finished it off by using my Stampin' Up! Mat Pack for a little paper piercing action. If you like the look of paper piercing and are intimated to try it, the Mat Pack makes it stress free. In this little kit you get the paper-piercing pad, template and setting mat for under $10. You can't go wrong with this little set. I love mine and it's well used!

I hope you like my card for the PPA Challenge today! I would have never put these colors together. Challenges are good for stretching your creativity.

Be sure to check out my new Facebook page and add me as a friend!

Thank you for visiting and enjoy your day!


To order Stampin' Up! products on-line 24/7, CLICK HERE!

Recipe (all supplies from Stampin Up):
Stamps: Razzle Dazzle (item #116714), FYI (#114365)
Ink: Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay & Chocolate Chip
Designer Series Paper: Razzleberry Lemonade (#115675)
Card Stock: Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay & Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Pewter Build-A-Brad, Melon Mambo Grosgrain Ribbon
Tools: Small Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Ticket Corner Punch, Mat Pack

19 comments:

Stampin' Diva said...

Beautiful Card!!!! I love it!!!

Margaret Moody said...

I like your card, Tiffany! Very pretty!

Kim said...

Very pretty Tiffany - way to jump out the gate :)

Gina Shaw said...

Lovely card, Tiffany! What a fun challenge!

Denise said...

Cute, cute, cute! The Build-A-Brad is perfection, but my favorite part is the paper piercing. Absolutely fun and fresh!

Melissa said...

I love that build a brad! How cute! What a great way to add ribbon!

Linda Callahan said...

What a great opening act!

6p00e55131e5de8833 said...

Gorgeous Tiffany... love the paper piercing.

Anonymous said...

So the foam from the mat pack is the paper-piercing pad & the grid-lined pad is a setting mat??? Thanks

Jeanette Galindo said...

Very nice I love your cards they are so beautiful!!!!! This one is no exception!

~Jeanette

Sunstamper said...

Beautiful card. The Build a Brad and paper piercing are perfect additions. Love your layout too. TFS

Patti said...

So beautiful! Excellent piercing. Love this stamp set!

Mary Fish said...

What really makes this card special are the little details. Love the clear brad with the flower tucked inside. The touches of paper piercing are so artistic. I'm lovin' it! Hugs, Mary

Pals Paper Arts said...

Loving the details on this card, from the ticket punched corners to the partially inked Razzle Dazzle image.

On behalf of the Pals Paper Arts design team, thank you for Playing @ the PPA!

Carrie said...

This card is beautiful! I love the paper piercing and the cool build-a-brad!

LeAnne said...

Very pretty!

Amanda Reddicliffe said...

Beautiful card! So elegant!

Terri E. said...

Love your paper pierceing and ticket punch work. Great job with the PPA color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

cheap r4 ds said...

Need a nudge to get your holiday cards in gear? The Pals Paper Arts Design Team centers today's Thursday challenge on Christmas Cheer. Plus there is BLOG CANDY. I chose the stamp set "Just Beclause" from the Holiday Mini Catalog for my interpretation of the challenge. It has a fun, retro feel but worked perfectly with the traditional style of the Christmas Cocoa Designer Series Paper I used.