Monday, June 8, 2009

Tart & Tangy

Which do you prefer - tart or tangy? I lean more towards the tart. I love Sour Patch Kids. Mmmm!

I love to make summer themed cards using the Stampin' Up! Tart & Tangy set. I was very happy to not see this set on the retired list. On my right sidebar I have a link to the Stampin' Up! Last Chance List. Check it out! If you are thinking about getting any of the sets on the list, you have until June 30th to place your order before they are gone for good.

Speaking of retired products, I used SU! Summer Picnic paper (retired) for the background paper on today's creation. I stamped on Whisper White cardstock the oranges in Only Orange ink and the limes in Green Galore. The 1" circle punch is the perfect size to punch these out. I slightly overlapped these when I attached them to the bottom of the card.

The sentiment was attached to the card by using the Slit Punch to make a little rounded slit to tuck this piece under.

Don't forget to stamp your envelope to match your creation!

My order of the new Stampin' Up! products coming out in the July catalog should hopefully arrive this weekend! I'll be able to share some sneak peaks with you. Get excited!!!!

Have a wonderful day and thank you for stopping by today!


Recipe for card (all products from Stampin' Up! unless noted otherwise):
Stamps: Stampin' Up! Tart & Tangy, Great Impressions
Designer Series Paper: Summer Picnic (retired)
Ink: Only Orange, Green Galore, Real Red
Tools: 1" Circle Punch, Slit Punch
Ribbon - Dashes, Dots, & Checks (from Michaels)

6 comments:

Mary Fish said...

I'm definitely more tart! Such a cute card . . . love the citrusy border. Hugs, Mary

Patti said...

This is gorgeous! The colors are so vibrant.

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Adorable as always, Tiffany. I agree with Mary, I love the border you've created.

I'm a tart fan too. Love sour patch kids - oh I wish I had some right now!

Kim said...

I'm with you, SO glad this set is not retiring. It's just perfect for the summer :) Great card, just love your border!!

luv2scrap said...

This is a set I'm go to have to get my hands on. Also glad it's not being retired!! Love what you did with this card. It feels so cheerful!

Patti said...

Love those colors together and that ribbon is perfect!