Monday, June 15, 2009

Back in Black

Hello friends! I hope you are enjoying the summer. Can you believe it's mid-June? Wow! The release of the new Stampin' Up! catalog is weeks away. My pre-order items should arrive this week. I've been trying to use up my old stuff and I'm getting ready for a craft garage sale coming up at our local scrapbook store. I reserved a table to hopefully sell a lot of my older stuff I don't use anymore.
Does the patterned paper on the card above look familiar? It's from the last Stampin' Up! Sale-a-bration. I still have a few sheets left from the pack called Delicate Dots. The colors really pop with just a touch of black behind the patterned paper and Kraft cardstock (Back in Black - hee hee). Black can really make your card creations striking especially when paired with brights colors. Keep that in mind!

Have a wonderful day and thank you for visiting!
Recipe (all supplies from Stampin' Up! unless noted otherwise):
Stamps: Hero Arts
Designer Series Paper: Delicate Dots (retired)
Cardstock: Garden Green, Basic Black, Kraft
Ribbon: So Saffron (retired)

5 comments:

Ann Schach said...

I really like the black in the back. You are right...it does make everything else pop.
"A" "C"ute "D"elightful "C"ard
(Cheesy but I couldn't pass the ACDC reference by!)

luv2scrap said...

Love the Delicate Dots pattern -- it doesn't matter how old it is -- and how it complements the black background. And the yellow ribbon adds just the right touch. Once again, a great card design!

Melissa said...

Nothing better than mixing rock with stampin!

Mary Fish said...

This is so beautiful. I'm really digging your "simple" approach. Some of your best stuff yet!!! Hugs, Mary

Patti said...

Never thought about putting black behind this paper! Thanks for the idea!