Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I Like You Berry Much!

Did you know that May is National Strawberry Month? Strawberries are a big hit at my house! I make pie, shortcake, dip, and we just eat them plain too! Locally, they come out in June and I love them fresh off the farm. You can go pick them yourself. The only problem is I eat too many when I'm picking and leave with a stomach ache! It's all good. I plan to take my little one this summer. He will love it! Recipe for Card (All supplies from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Tart & Tangy, Berry Much (A Muse Artstamps)
Designer Series Paper: Summer Picnic (retired)
Cardstock: Kraft, Whisper White, Real Red
Ink: Always Artichoke, Real Red
Tools: Eyelet Border Punch, 1 3/8 inch Square Punch
Stampin' Dimensionals

Speaking of strawberries, a great summer stamp set to have on hand is Stampin' Up! Tart & Tangy! I used a stamp from this set for my creation above. Not only is it a cute set, it's inexpensive too! You get a strawberry, cherries, apple, and orange stamp. There are 4 stamps in all but really you can make 6 out of it. The orange stamp could also be a lemon or lime depending on how you color it in! Clever? You bet! I like to make the most out of what I buy.

Enjoy those strawberries and pass along to me any good recipes you might have! I'd love to hear from you. Have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Sweet card!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Love this trio of treats!

I really want a strawberry shortcake now. :)

I especially like how you customized the strip of paper beneath the berries.

Patti said...

Making me hungry! I'm going to borrow cutting the eyelet punched border the other way. That is so creative of you!

Margaret said...

Love this, Tiffany! I love the Tart 'N Tangy set! Very cute!

Fellow Pretty Pal,

Margaret