Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day To All The Mom's Out There!

"M" is for the million things she gave me,
"O" means only that she's growing old,
"T" is for the tears she shed to save me,
"H" is for her heart of purest gold;
"E" is for her eyes, with love-light shining,
"R" means right, and right she'll always be,
Put them all together, they spell
"MOTHER,"A word that means the world to me.
Howard Johnson (c. 1915)

Kick back and relax today! My favorite way to relax is stamping. If yours is too, how about trying out a new technique?

Got a sponge? I used a cosmetic sponge and simply dabbed it on my Stampin' Up! Old Olive and Tempting Turquoise stamp pads, and then brushed it lightly back and forth on my Whisper White cardstock to created a naturalistic background for my butterfly.

It's hard to see in the picture, but the upper left polka piece is raised using Stampin' Dimensionals. The opposing polka dot piece is flat against the card. The scallop circle has Stampin' Dimensionals only on the lower right side and the other half rests against the already raised polka dot piece. Just a little different dimension to add to a card.

The bottom of the card was finished off using one of my favorite Martha Stewart punches. Isn't it neat? Fun, fun, fun!

Are you curious about how Mother's Day came to be? Click HERE for the history.

I hope you enjoy your day today and take time to stamp! You deserve it.

Recipe (all supplies from Stampin' Up! unless noted otherwise):
Stamps: Flight of the Butterfly
Cardstock: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Summer Sun
Designer Series Paper: Petals and Paisleys (retired)
Ink: Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise, Summer Sun, Close to Cocoa
Clear Dew Drops
Tools: Nestabilities, Martha Stewart Punch

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Very cheerful! I love it!

Ann Schach said...

I love your color combinations. So light and airy!

Mary Fish said...

Fantastic. Love the tip about using the cosmetic sponge to create the gorgeous background. Hugs, Mary

Patti said...

Luv the background you created! Very nice.

luv2scrap said...

Absolutely beautiful card!!!