Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Got Your Sunglasses On?

Boy, this card bright! I hope you have your sunglasses on for today's post! I debated sharing it with you because I'm not sure if I like it or not. Here it is anyways!
I started this card with using Stampin' Up! YoYo Yellow for the card base. I embossed just the front using my Stampin' Up! Big Shot and a Cuttlebug embossing folder.

I stamped the plain flower from the Stampin' Up! set, A Beautiful Thing ,in YoYo Yellow ink on Whisper White cardstock. Then I took the flower with the design from the same set and inked that in Glorious Green and stamped directly onto my yellow flower.

I punched out each flower using the 1 3/8 square punch and layered them evenly onto a 3.25 x 4.00 piece of Glorious Green cardstock. I finished off this piece with a little ribbon around the bottom. A sentiment from the SU! Fundamental Phrases set was stamped and added underneath the green piece.

I was going for a summer looking card and that YoYo Yellow from the Stampin' Up! Bold Brights collection sure reminds me of a hot summer day!

Just an FYI - Stampin' Up! is having a Designer Series Paper sale in honor of National Scrapbooking Month! Buy 3 and get the 4th free. Stock up and save today! Sales ends May 31st.
I hope you are having a great week and I'll be back soon! Take care.
Recipe (all supplies from Stampin' Up! unless noted otherwise):
Stamps: A Beautiful Thing (item #113618), Fundamental Phrases (item #114968)
Ink: Glorious Green, YoYo Yellow
Cardstock: Whisper White, YoYo Yellow, Glorious Green
Misc: Ribbon (from Michaels Arts & Crafts), Cuttlebug Embossing Folder

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Yep! It's bright! And cute!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

I'm glad you used Yo Yo Yellow... I think it's one of the colors that gets neglected.

Very summery card!

luv2scrap said...

Bright is right. But pretty! Can't wait to see you what you create using some of the new paper you purchased at Pages in Time in Indiana.

Ann Schach said...

I am glad that you shared it! I like it!