Thursday, May 7, 2009

Do You See Spots?

Yep, that's right - you are Seeing Spots from Stampin' Up! and those are good spots to be looking at! This stamp set is so much fun. It can be used with any theme. I chose to use it as my background today making my own designer series paper. Hee hee!

The bright colors are Green Galore and Pixie Pink. I tried to put together a bright, fun looking color combination.

To jazz it up a little, I added a little rhinestone to the center of the flower and used Dazzling Diamonds glitter on the petals. I don't try to sell you things you could buy elsewhere cheaper, so take my word for it that this glitter rocks! It's ultrafine and very nice to work with.

Another tidbit of interest for this creation is I wrapped the ribbon around the back of the centerpiece and cut it short in the front. I didn't want the ends to show, so I folded each end in a little and secured it to the card with little white brads. Love it or leave it?

I'm sorry my photograph at the top has a shadow in it. Sometimes my picture taking skills are lacking. I'll get better. I promise! :)

Have a wonderful day and stop back soon! Take care.
Recipe (all supplies from Stampin' Up! unless noted otherwise):
Stamps: Seeing Spots, Best Yet (retired)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Green Galore, Pixie Pink
Ink: Basic Black, Pixie Pink
Accessories (from Michaels Arts & Crafts): rhinestones, white brads, white pen, ribbon
Accessories (from SU!): Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter
SU! Punches: Scallop Circle, 1 3/8 circle, 1 1/4 circle, Corner Rounder

5 comments:

Mary Fish said...

I enjoy making my own "DP," too! Sweet card and design. Hugs, Mary

Melissa said...

I was seeing spots just the other day! lol...

I love your cheerful card!

Ann Schach said...

I love the color combinations. Great job!

Kim said...

I love this set! Great colors - Nice and cheery :) Have a Happy Mothers Day Tiffany!

Margaret said...

I like how you made your own background paper, Tiffany! So fun! Love the colors, too! So cute!