Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Celebrate Today!

I mentioned in my last post my husband & I went to see Joel Osteen last weekend in Ohio. His message included thanking God for everything good and right in your life. When you wake up, be happy you can see, walk, have clothes to wear, a job to go to. It's such a simple thing to do, yet I know I am guilty of taking things for granted. I am going to try harder to "celebrate today" each and every day.
My creation goes along with my new theme in life! I hope you like it. It's also fitting for a birthday card too! The "Celebrate" comes from the Stampin' Up! retired set Wonderful Words. It's very similar to Heard from the Heart or Warm Words, another favorite of mine. You could also use Celebrate Everything and really personalize what you are celebrating!

The big scallop circle in the background is the Scallop Circle Die (item #113468) from Stampin' Up! This die is not only great for scallop circle die cuts, but you can also make scallop circle cards from it. If you don't have a die cutting machine and would like scallop circle cards, Stampin' Up! sells Carousel Notes which include 12 cards with envelopes!

I created my own center for the Prima flowers using Stampin' Up! Jumbo Brads and adding a little flower rub-on. Don't be shy about using your rub-ons. They go on practically anything! Gotta love em!

Leave me a comment and let me know what you are going to celebrate today! It could be that your kids are healthy, the UPS man came today with your Stampin' Up! order, or you ate candy for breakfast! The candy for breakfast would do it for my little one!

Have a great day and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Recipe (all supplies from Stampin' Up! unless noted otherwise):
Stamp: Wonderful Words (retired)
Designer Series Paper: Cutie Pie (retired)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Real Red, Summer Sun
Rub-Ons: Love & Happiness (retired)
Hardware: Jumbo Brads (item #112533), Making Memories Clips
Prima Flowers
Scallop Circle Die (item #113468)
Red Satin Ribbon

7 comments:

Kim said...

Great card Tiffany. Very cheerful! Thanks for the reminder/inspiration to celebrate each and every moment and day - I fall short here too !

Kris said...

I really love this card... the happy colors and that scallop circle is fantastic.

Today I celebrate that I get to enjoy my family.

Melissa said...

This card does make me wanna celebrate! Very cute with the circle!

Ann Schach said...

This card just shouts "Celebrate"! I love it. Today I am going to celebrate my students and their individuality! Your message has inspired me to start celebrating something every day!

luv2scrap said...

What an inspirational message. Thanks for sharing it, as well as your latest card based on the same theme.

Patti said...

I LOVE this card! The brad with the rub on is excellent! Today I'm celebrating my husband, who always says, "Good dinner, hon!" Even when I think it was just thrown together and could have been better!

Denise said...

This is precious! You should add it to The Pink Elephant gallery - their challenge this week was to use circles and scallops.