Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Bold and Beautiful Challenge

I've been gone a couple days, but I'm back! My husband & I went to see Joel Osteen in Columbus, OH this weekend. It was a great time! My little one stayed with my mother overnight for the first time. He did great! I was a wreck as we drove away. :)

Anyways, are you a fan of card challenges? They seem to be everywhere these days from Splitcoaststampers, to scrapbook stores, to personal blogs. I personally am not a big fan of card challenges. When I create something, I like to be all my own from scratch! It's like a personal challenge for me, sometimes torture (hee hee). Silly, I know! However, I understand there are times where you sit there with all these great supplies and don't have a clue what to do with them. That is where challenges can be helpful.

The Stampin' Up! group I belong to has weekly challenges primarily based from Splitcoaststampers. Last week we used SC225. I'm not a faithful participant, but I do try. Here was what I came up with.
I used the bold and beautiful Raspberry Tart Designer Series Paper from Stampin' Up! I paired it up with Whisper White & Old Olive cardstock. The white behind the patterned paper really pops the color. The stamp I used, Elegant Thank You, can be found on the last page of the current catalog. I used Pink Passion ink for the stamped image.

Have a wonderful Sunday and stop back soon! Take care.
Recipe (all supplies from Stampin' Up!):
Stamp: Elegant Thank You (#114484)
Designer Series Paper: Raspberry Tart (#113975)
Cardstock: Old Olive, Whisper White
Ink: Pink Passion

6 comments:

Margaret said...

Tiffany - This is a very pretty card! I like how you used the white behind the patterned paper to make it pop! It looks really nice!

Margaret (fellow Stampin' Pretty Pal)

Kim said...

Definitely a beauty Tiffany! I love this DSP and its showcased well with this sketch.

luv2scrap said...

Great DSP, I agree. Way to go! Another beautiful creation.

Mary Fish said...

Love the Raspberry DSP and pretty card. I'm so glad you played. Hugs, Mary

Ann Schach said...

Very pretty, Pal! You did a great job with the sketch.

Kathy Anthony said...

I have to agree with MArgaret, the white behid the dsp makes a big difference, I love it all.