Monday, April 20, 2009

Walk in the Park

What a beautiful weekend! Too bad it goes so fast. So how is your Monday so far? I wish I could say Monday's are a "walk in the park", but they seldom are.

Speaking of "Walk in the Park", my creation today is all about that. Check out page 9 of the Stampin' Up! Occasions Mini Catalog. This paper is gorgeous! I thought it was pretty in the catalog until I received it in person. Now I'm going with "gorgeous" to describe it.

I made a card out of a half sheet of 8.5 x 11 Whisper White cardstock. I used a 5.5 x 4 inch piece of the gray patterned paper, from the Walk in the Park collection, as my first layer. Next, I took a 1 inch wide strip of Whisper White cardstock and finished the edge with the Eyelet Border punch. I cut that piece to 5.5 inches long and added it about 1/2 inch from the top of the gray patterned paper.

I decided to use the bright Cameo Coral patterned paper from the collection to really make a statement against the gray. I think it worked! This piece is 5.5 x 2.5 inches.

The square piece with the sentiment is 3x3 inches - Whisper White cardstock, a different gray patterned paper from the collection, Cameo Coral scallop circle, and a Whisper White circle for the stamped image.

I stamped an image from the Pocket Silhouettes set in Basic Gray ink. It's a very simple, yet elegant stamp set to use. I've seen a lot of neat things created with this set. See one of my prior postings with this set by clicking HERE.

After I assembled the 3x3 square piece, I tied a sheer gray ribbon around the center of the card and attached the square piece.

As the card reads, "thanks so much", for visiting my blog today! Have a good one!
Recipe (all supplies from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes (#111672)
Designer Series Paper: Walk in the Park (#115123)
Carstock: Whisper White, Cameo Coral
Ink: Basic Gray
Accessories: Sheer gray ribbon (from Michaels Arts & Crafts)
Tools: Eyelet Border Punch (#13692), Nestabilities

7 comments:

Kim said...

Love this card Tiffany! The Cameo Coral looks so striking against the gray. Great card!

Amy Sheffer said...

Whoa, this is absolutely gorgeous!!

Carrie said...

This is beautiful! I love the scallop circle, and of course the DSP :)

Mary Fish said...

Gorgeous . . . . the colors look amazing and you nailed the layout! Hugs, Mary

Patti said...

ooooooooooohhhhhhhh Tiffany! I just looooooove this card! We should do a card swap. I don't know about you, but I keep all of my posted cards--I don't know why? Anyway, GREAT card!

Niki Estes said...

What a pretty card, Tiffany! I love the colors, patterned papers, and silhouette stamps!

Denise said...

Tiffany - I hadn't been by your blog in a while and have been totally blown away upon my 'return'! This card is AWESOME!