Saturday, April 18, 2009

Tea Party Anyone?

I'm talking Tea Party Designer Series Paper from Stampin' Up! I love how colorful and cheery this paper is for Spring & Summer. Today is supposed to be warm & sunny - finally! I can't wait to soak up that sun and fresh air!

Since I'm in the mood for sun and freshness, I created a card with that thought in mind. I used Certainly Celery cardstock for the card base. There are actually 4 layers added to the card base:

1) striped background
2) yellow dots paper layered on Certainly Celery
3) horizontal flower piece with the "V" cut out and Certainly Celery underneath
4) the butterfly (Flight of the Butterfly - SU!) stamped on Whisper White cardstock and matted on Certainly Celery with a small piece of the matching flower paper on the bottom

I tied white grosgrain ribbon at the bottom and secured the knot through the new Designer Hardware - Basic Jumbo Grommets, from the new mini catalog. These Grommets are a great deal! You get 20 pieces in 4 different colors for under $7.00. Colors include Basic Black, Silver, Very Vanilla, and Whisper White. Gotta love a good deal on hardware!

Enjoy your weekend and don't forget to take time to stamp! Thanks for stopping by!


Recipe (all supplies from Stampin' Up!):
Stamps - Flight of the Butterfly (#111564)
Designer Series Paper - Tea Party (#113992)
Cardstock - Certainly Celery, Whisper White
Ink - Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue
Accessories - White Grosgrain Ribbon, White Designer Hardware Basic Jumbo Grommets (#114348)

3 comments:

Mary Fish said...

Beautiful card. Perfect balance. Is this for the Pals inspiration challenge? I haven't done mine yet but I think the colors are right!

Hugs, M

Ann Schach said...

I just received the Tea Party DSP on Friday. Now I can hardly wait to use it! What a cool idea to place the bow inside of the grommet!

Patti said...

Basic Jumbo Grommets going on my wishlist! You did a fantastic job with the "v" cut paper pieces.