Wednesday, April 1, 2009

SU! Occasions Mini Catalog Has Arrived! No April Fools Here.

Happy April Fools Day! I already had someone at work play a joke on me yesterday. A day early! No fair!

I'll tell you what isn't a joke - the arrival of the new Stampin' Up! occasions mini catalog! It's got some serious stamps, patterned paper, and accessories. Love it, love it, love it!

My creation today utilizes just a few goodies from the new mini catalog. I used Great Friend stamp set, Basic Gray Corduroy Buttons, Walk in the Park Designer Series Paper, and last but not least, Matchbox Bigz XL Die.

This friendship card is 5 inch square in Basic Gray cardstock. I took my Stampin' Up! Circle Scissors Plus, measured in about 2 inches on the card front edge, and trimmed off a half circle. I added coordinating patterned paper on the front and inside. I punched out a small hole on the exposed inside part of the card, on the far right-hand side, to put my ribbon through. On the rounded end of the card front, I added a corduroy button to loop my ribbon around. When you attach the button, leave a little room between the button & paper before fastening. This way, after you open the card, you can loop it back around and tie your bow again. Make sense?

The butterflies were stamped in Whisper White Craft Ink on Basic Gray cardstock. For their little bodies, I added pearls to keep it soft looking. Lastly, I stamped the sentiment in Basic Gray on Whisper White cardstock and ran it through the Big Shot to get my diecut image using the Matchbox Bigz Die.

It's been fun playing with the new products and I have so much more to show you! Thanks for stopping by and let me know what you like best from the new mini!
Recipe (all products listed below with item #'s next to them are from the new SU! occasions mini catalog):
Stamps: Great Friend (#113792)
Designer Series Paper: Walk in the Park (#115123)
Cardstock: Basic Gray, Whisper White
Ink: Whisper White Craft ink, Basic Gray
Die: Matchbox Bigz XL Die (#114890)
Accessories: Basic Gray Corduroy Buttons (#114345), Ribbon, Pearls

6 comments:

Kim said...

Great card Tiffany - gotta get me some of that new DSP :)

Mary Fish said...

This is fantastic. Love the curve, colors and layout. Hugs, M

Kris Kilcoyne said...

I love Walk in the Park DSP and especially love how you did the butterflies on this card.

So, pretty and fresh.

Denise said...

I love your card shape -- great idea! This is a beautiful showcase of the new Occasions Mini products.

andrealowcock said...

Wow! Tiffany! This is so pretty. I really really love the colour combo. I finally got around to ordering some basic grey this week ... and am hanging out to get it! Sorry I haven't visited for a while ... life gets in the way sometimes. But ... am just catching up on a heap of posts I have missed. You continue to inspire me! Thank you! Stampin' Hugs, Andrea L (EnchantINK - AUS)

Melissa said...

love your card! Super cute and stands out from the rest!