Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Pocket Card Madness - Top Note Die Pocket Card

I am going a little pocket card crazy lately. I hope you don't mind!

I like to make my husband cards for no reason at all. When you're first married, your really good at all that lovey dovey stuff. Time goes by, kids come along . . . you know how it goes! I have good intentions, but it doesn't always work out. Masculine cards are always a challenge for me too. Here is a very simple one for you to try!

I used less than 1 sheet of To the Nines Specialty paper. This paper collection is perfect for masculine cards. It's double sided and thick, which is great for cards!

I die cut two Stampin' Up! Top Note's. I folded down one of the Top Note's about 1/3 of the way down. I stamped a sentiment and framed it with hardware to the card front (folded piece). I added glue around the very edge of the folded piece and adhered it to the other full Top Note die cut.

The little card that gets tucked inside this card is 2.5 x 4 inches. You can add your own little note on this or stamp a little saying like I did. To finish it off, I added a little round tab and one of SU! new Chocolate Chip Corduroy Buttons!

Have fun with this type of pocket card, and don't forget to share your love for stamping with the ones you love!

Thank you for visiting today! Have a good one!


Recipe (All supplies from Stampin' Up! unless noted otherwise):
Stamps: Best Yet (retired), Printworks (Have a Wonderful Day)
Ink: Close to Cocoa
Designer Series Paper: To the Nines Specialty (#114038)
Hodgepodge Hardware: Antique Brass (retired)
Corduroy Buttons in Chocolate Chip (#114339), Ribbon
Tools: Top Note Die (#113463), Round Tab Punch (108340)

9 comments:

Denise said...

Awesome! I've been kind-of hoarding this paper unsure how to best use it. I love your pocket card idea -- so perfect!

Kim said...

x2 Awesome idea Tiffany! I couldn't wait to get this paper for its more masculine feel and its still unopened! I love this idea though. TFS

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Perfect POCKET card!

How do you like the To the Nines paper? It's been on and off my wish list a million times.

Patti said...

TIffany! That is so cute. I will definitely give this card a try. So many ways it could look with different card stock and designer papers.

Melissa said...

You are full of cute ideas! I love it!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is absolutely ADORABLE! I LOVE it!

luv2scrap said...

What a cool card! I hope your husband appreciate's the gesture.

Mary Fish said...

Clever and elegant. Love the colors and the pocket is fantastic. Hugs, Mary

Kathy said...

Wow! Nice card. I made one to share at our swap this week. Thanks for sharing. Kathy