Thursday, April 23, 2009

Learn.. Live... Hope

Creating this type of card was completely out of my comfort zone!

In case you haven't noticed, I'm a girly girl. I love pink and I don't like getting my hands dirty! The stamps we are drawn to create with reflect our personality as well. I have a ton of flower, leaves, and tree sets - pretty stamps. Love them! I can't get enough!!!

I forced myself, and it was a little painful, to buy this set from the new mini because it's like nothing else I have. It's called Sense of Time. Nobody has enough time anymore & I know I always complain about it, so I knew I would use this set. I can see it on a scrapbook page too. Bonus! It's really neat, I must say.

I decided to create a masculine looking card with it. I stuck with Chocolate Chip and Tempting Turquoise for my colors. Again, out of my comfort zone. Where is Pretty in Pink??? Do you miss it??? I do - sniff, sniff.

I blocked my background into 3 pieces of patterned paper from Stampin' Up! Walk in the Park collection. I layered two different sizes of Nestabilities to attach the clock to. The clock was stamped in Tempting Turquoise and the saying in Chocolate Chip. I added a cute little brad from SU! Vintage collection near the bottom.

What do you think? Stay in my comfort zone or not? Be honest, you won't hurt my feelings.


Recipe (all supplies from Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Sense of Time (#113804)
Designer Series Paper: Walk in the Park (#115123)
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Tempting Turquoise
Accessories: Vintage Brads (#109109)
Tools: Nestabilities

9 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

I love it Tiffany, super job.

Kim said...

Looks great Tiffany! You wouldn't know you were out of your comfort zone!

Anonymous said...

I think this card is really cool! I love the tempting turq. background...it's a great shape! Kim S.

Melissa said...

You should never stay in your comfort zone!!

Patti said...

VERY masculine and so cute! I never would have thought to add that brad, but it's perfect. I love the colors and those Nestabilities shapes are perfect as a background. Those Walk in the Park papers are so versitile and classy. Great job!

Mary Fish said...

That nestie shape is the perfect background. The Walk in the Park paper is so striking with these colors and the stamp set. Hugs, M

Jean from jlfstudio said...

Out of your comfort zone still works for you Tiffany. The text looks just a little squashed but I like it none the less. It may be the Nestibilitie shape that gives it that look. Although I noticed in the mini that one of SU's samples used the same placement so it may just be the size of the photo on the site or perhaps my older eyes giving it that squash look. Either way it's a lovely card and you should play outside your "zone" more often!

Hugs and blessings - Jean

Denise said...

I think this is fabulous -- it has perfect balance and I love the nestibilities.

Debbie said...

I love it you need to go out of your comfort zone more often. Great job