Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Good Card To Always Have On Hand

Sympathy cards are not my favorite kind of cards to make. It's always good to keep a sympathy card around for those unexpected times. I've had people ask to buy one from me, so it's not a bad thing for a card maker/stamper to have on hand.
When I first saw the Stampin' Up! set Close As a Memory, I knew it would be a keeper. I didn't have any sympathy stamp sets and this one was so beautiful and perfect to me. This set makes it easy to create a beautiful, quick card.

I used Night of Navy for my card base. I stamped the flowers in Whisper White Craft Ink all over the front of the card. Be careful when working with Craft Ink - it takes some time to dry! You can speed the process by waving your heat tool back & forth over it to dry quicker.

I stamped in Night of Navy ink "With Heartfelt Sympathy" on Whisper White cardstock (2.75 x 1.25) and mounted it on Night of Navy cardstock (3 x 1.50). I attached this piece to the front of the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

My new love is Stampin' Up! Mini Library Clips. OMG! True love upon opening the little container they come in. A few customers of mine ordered them & I just didn't get the draw. I thought they would be too bulky and hard to send through the mail on a card. Boy was I wrong! These things are so tiny and cute I'm ready to order a second set!!! I get a little nutty over things sometimes. Forgive me!!! Try them, you will love them! I added a clip to my sentiment to finish it off.

Have a wonderful day and check back soon! Thanks for visiting!!!

Recipe (all supplies from Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Close As a Memory (item #114946)
Ink: Whisper White Craft Ink, Night of Navy
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Whisper White
Accessories: Mini Library Clips (love them!!! #109857)

8 comments:

Melissa said...

I love it! That set is so handy! Pretty card!

Ann Schach said...

Very pretty! I will have to try the mini-clips.

Kris Kilcoyne said...

This is beautiful, Tiffany.

I really love what you've done with the light ink on dark cardstock.

Cindy Haffner said...

Tiffany your card is so pretty.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful Sympathy card!! I have and love this set too! I will have to get some of those clips. TFS!

Kim said...

I've wondered about those clips :) You may have enabled me Tiffany! This is a beautiful card!!

Sunstamper said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing.

Denise said...

I love the white ink on the navy base... simple and elegant.