Monday, April 27, 2009

For you

What a beautiful weekend here! I hope you had warm sunny weather too. This morning when I woke up, I didn't want to get out of bed! All that fresh air made me tired. I'll take it though!

This card was created for a graduation card for one of my friends. I used some retired SU! patterned paper for the background and the Great Friend stamp set (#113792) from the new mini! I stamped "for you" in Whisper White Craft Ink on Chocolate Chip cardstock. The fun shape of this centerpiece was created using the Matchbox Bigz XL Die (#114890) from the mini as well. I layered the piece on pop dots and stamped upward from corner to corner the leaf from the Great Friend set. I added a little ribbon from the last sale-a-bration and some Prima flowers.

To make things a little interesting, I rounded opposing corners only of the Chocolate Chip and Whisper White cardstock on the center part of the card. When you decorate an edge or corner, don't think you have to do all sides. It makes it more interesting, I think, when you do something a little unconventional. Just a little tip!


Have a wonderful Monday and be sure to stop back soon! Thank you for visiting today!

Tiffany
Recipe (all supplies from Stampin' Up! unless noted otherwise):
Stamps: Great Friend
Patterned Paper: Petal Patch (retired)
Cardstock: Blush Blossom, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink: Certainly Celery, Whisper White Craft Ink
Tools: Matchbox Bigz XL Die
Accessories: Certainly Celery Ribbon, Prima Flowers, American Crafts brads

8 comments:

Carrie said...

Tiffany, this card is so pretty!! I love the color combination and what you did with the little flowers. - carrie

Kim said...

As always, another beautiful card! Love all the different DSP together. And I adore your flowers surrounding the sentiment. have a great day! Enjoy the heat :)

Ann Schach said...

I really like the opposite rounded corners. Such a little touch, but what an impact it makes!

Cindy Haffner said...

This is amazing, super job.

Niki Estes said...

Oh, I love this, Tiffany!! I love the colors, sketch, flowers, everything!

chelemom said...

This is a very pretty card!!! Love it!

Laura said...

I was checking your website to see what new creative thing you made today and I saw my card... I'm the friend (you know who I am).... As always you make creative things and I wish I could come up with half the ideas you do.

Denise said...

This is super cute and cheery. I love what you did with the corner rounder.