Friday, April 3, 2009

Celebrate . . . Hooray for Friday!

Who is glad it's Friday? I am!!! I've got a busy weekend planned. Among other things, I am taking my son to the Sesame Street Live show this weekend. It's his first show, so I really think he is going to love it! I'm exited to take him.

I felt like creating something a little formal the other evening. Clean, simple, and elegant. This is what I came up with. The stamps, patterned paper, and die cut is all from the new Stampin' Up! Occasions Mini Catalog. Are you loving the new mini yet?

I created a different size card again to keep things interesting. For this one, take 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of Whisper White cardstock and cut it in half the long way. Fold it in half and there you have it!

I matted two different papers from the Walk in the Park Designer Series on top of matching solid color cardstock to make them stand out a little more. I arranged and adhered the layers to the card, securing the ribbon over the edge of the top layer. I added my little die cuts overlapping everything. I just love the Matchbox Bigz Die! I think it's really cool!

I hope you had a great week and have a nice long weekend to kick back, relax, and stamp of course! Enjoy and thanks for stopping by!


Recipe (all supplies from Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Matchbox Messages (#113800)
Designer Series Paper: Walk in the Park
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Gray, Barely Banana
Ink: Basic Gray
Matchbox Bigz XL Die (#114890)
Grosgrain ribbon

2 comments:

Ann said...

Classy! I love the simple yet elegant look!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Is this ever a cool color combination!

I love the ribbon treatment too, Tiffany.