Friday, March 6, 2009

Who Needs Stamps - Emboss It!

Ok, so I did use a stamp on this but it's just one little word. The majority of this creation was created using the Stampin' Up! Sizzix Simple Flower Embosslit and a Cuttlebug Embossing Folder. The layout was inspired by last weeks Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge (SC217). The color mix was from another challenge. I had to use Cameo Coral, Tempting Turquoise, and Chocolate Chip. Cameo Coral is probably one of my least favorite Stampin' Up! colors so it was a stretch for me to use this.

The photo to the right is a little darker because I wanted to capture how I chalked the edges in Chocolate Chip around the Cameo Coral. Hopefully you can see it in this picture. Chalking is difficult to photograph because it's so subtle.

So TGIF in a big way! The weather is going to be warm this weekend. I need hit Kohls for a few things this weekend. I am working with a bride-to-be on custom wedding invitations. I'm always busy with something! It's all good!

Be sure to stop back soon or subscribe to my blog in the upper left hand corner to automatically get e-mailed when I post. I was having difficulty with Feedblitz, but it seems to be fixed now. Please let me know if you subscribe and are not receiving updates. Thank you very much!!!

Enjoy your day and happy stamping!

4 comments:

Mary Fish said...

Those embossed flowers were perfect for the sketch. The colors worked beautifully. Hugs, Mary

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Isn't it funny how one person can dislike a color and someone else loves it? But it's great at the same time.

I really like Cameo Coral but am not so fond of Tempting Turquoise. Now, give me Real Red and I'm in heaven.

I love your card, Tiffany. Perfect use of the layout.

Julie Jacobs said...

Tiffany, Found you on Mary's blog, Love your card, can't wait to see more projects!!

Andrea - EnchantINK said...

Hi Tiffany ... I have missed popping by recently ... and had so much to catch up on! I am in awe! Just love everything that you do! Hope that you are feeling well again. It has been a busy time here ... but am determined not to lose track of my blog friends! Hugs, Andrea - EnchantINK