Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wedding Invitations

Hello friends! I have a cute story to share about my son and then I'll write about my creation today.

Last night we had Chinese for dinner. He grabbed the fortune cookie right away and I told him he could eat it after dinner. As I'm cleaning up the table after dinner, he breaks open the cookie. I ask him, "what does your fortune say?", thinking he either won't reply or ask what a fortune is (he's only 3). He responds, "it says I should eat this cookie!" How he came up with that is beyond me! He has such a personality. Too cute!

I am currently working on wedding invitations for a customer. This was the first draft. I used Stampin' Up! Very Vanilla for the base color and Ruby Red for the accent color. The embossing was created using the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder. It's a little hard to see in the photo, but I aged the embossed cardstock with Creamy Caramel and stamped the heart in that color too. The heart is from the Sale-a-bration catalog, Polka Dot Punches, expiring the end of this month. The "You're Invited" is from the Sincere Salutations collection. She indicated her dress has quite a bit of lace, so I thought the lace ribbon would be the perfect touch.

I'll be back later with a baby card! It appears to be wedding and baby time - not for me though! :)

Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Mary Fish said...

Hi Tiffany: Love the story about your precious son! I'm in the process of designing (and ultimately making) wedding invitations for my nephew. I would be curious to know how your interior will be laid out . . . will you do an insert with the invitation information? This is a new area for me. Very pretty card. Hugs, Mary

Kris said...

Your kiddo sounds so cute! Little boys are the sweetest, aren't they? I'm partial though - considering that's what I have too.

I've never heard of aging ink, very cool! Learn something new every day.

I love the simplicity of the invite and pop of Red.

Kim said...

Very pretty invitation Tiffany! Kids say the funniest things - I wish I had kept a journal of all the things my little ones come up with - i guess I could start now though :)

Denise said...

Very pretty, love the embossing, such a nice touch to the card.

StinkerbellSteph said...

Absolutely darling!