Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Springtime Trendy Trees

I have slowly been bringing out my Easter/Spring decorations to spruce up the house! After Christmas, everything appears so dull and boring. I picked up a new decoration this year that I snuck behind the card I'm sharing with you today. It's a small decorative bird bath with two little birds sitting on the edge. I added a little green berry wreath along the edge to add some color to it. I figured I would put candy in the center. Maybe some chocolate Easter egg candy? Mmmm!

Last week I had a birthday, so I mass produced a bunch of these thank you cards to give to my friends and family. I sure hope they like them and feel the touch of Spring I brought to each card.

The card is pretty self explanatory except for maybe how I did my hills. I drew the two hills freehand on Green Galore cardstock, cut them out, inked the top edges with the Close to Cocoa ink pad, and layered them one on top the other. Does that make sense? If not, leave me a comment or drop me an e-mail. I'd love to help you out with your creations. The spring-like tree stamps are from the Trendy Trees set in the current Stampin' Up! catalog. This has been such a poplar set! Just about every customer of mine has ordered this. It's a very fun set you can use year-round. I can just picture this set in the fall with red, brown, and gold leaves.

Don't forget, the last day to take advantage of the Stampin' Up! Sale-a-bration is March 31st! Less than 1 week to go. You can order directly from my SU! website or drop me an e-mail at tiffanyscardtique@verizon.net.

Have a wonderful day and thank you for visiting my blog today!


Recipe (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless noted otherwise):
Stamps: Trendy Trees (item #113258)
Patterned Paper: Print Pack Hostess Level 1 Set
Cardstock: Whisper White, Green Galore, Summer Sun, Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Summer Sun, Pretty in Pink, Green Galore
Dew Drops
Sheer pink and white polka dot ribbon (from Michaels)

4 comments:

Mary Fish said...

This is amazing. Love the hills and your description was perfect. The colors are a sweet change for this set. Hugs, Mary

Jayne said...

What a sweet little card! I love it! I may now have to get this set. Thanks for sharing :o)

Kim said...

Ahhhh, spring is on its way. Love the cheery colors. Your card makes me want to pop into it and lay beneath a tree :)

Vanessa Middleton said...

This card is ADORABLE!!!!! Love the colors and the grassy hill is great!