Monday, March 30, 2009

Hello Yellow! Stampin Up Sale-A-Bration Ends Tomorrow!

Tomorrow is the final day to take advantage of the current Stampin’ Up! promotion sale-a-bration! For every $50 in merchandise you spend, you get a free set from sale-a-bration mini catalog! This is one of my favorite promotions of the year. Don’t miss out!!!!

I like to play with different card sizes to keep things interesting. This card is a 4.25 square that fits comfortably in Stampin Up! Medium Square Envelopes (item #107289).

I started off with my Delicate Dots (sale-a-bration #114674) Designer Series paper. I felt like yellow for my main color. Spring is here, right? I think so. There was snow on the ground this morning. Anyway, I cut and attached to the entire front of the card a piece of yellow patterned paper from this collection (4.25 x 4.25).

Next, I took the striped paper from the set and ran it through my Big Shot using the Scallop Circle Die. I cut the die cut in half and attached it to the top portion of my card.

Whisper White cardstock and a Martha Stewart border punch finished off the bottom portion of my card.

The center of the card utilizes two stamp sets – Polka Dot Punches (sale-a-bration #113788) for the flowers and Hostess Set (level 1) Darling Dots for the leaves. They go well together, don’t you think? I love it when it works out that way!

I stamped my flowers in Bashful Blue ink on Whisper White cardstock and punched them out using the 5 Petal Flower Punch. I layered behind it the same flower in Bashful Blue cardstock. The leaves were stamped in Old Olive and cut out by yours truly. Sorry, no Stampin’ Up! leaf punches yet. Hmmm. Maybe I should send them the idea!

The flowers needed a little something, so I dug into my button stash and found the perfect buttons from the Button Bouquet collection.

Lastly, a sentiment. Love and Happiness Rub-Ons (retired - see possible alternatives under recipe at the bottom of this post) had just the right sentiment in the right color for this card. I love rub-ons. Super easy to add to any creation. Love them!!!

I hope you took advantage of the promotion and if not, you have until midnight Tuesday.

Happy Monday and thank you for visiting my blog today!

Recipe - all supplies from SU! unless otherwise noted:
Stamps: Polka Dot Punches (sale-a-bration), Darling Dots (hostess level 1 set)
Designer Series Paper: Delicate Dots (sale-a-bration)
Cardstock: Whisper White
Ink: Bashful Blue, Old Olive
Punches: 5 Petal Flower, Martha Stewart Border
Bigz Dies: Scallop Circle
Accessories: Button Bouquet, Love & Happiness rub-ons (retired - very similar to A Perfect Day item #111277 or Chit Chat #111804 is a great alternative)

4 comments:

Kim said...

Too funny, great minds think alike :) My card today is also with Delicate Dots DSP :) Pretty card, love the layout! Have a great week Tiffany!

Mary Fish said...

I love how you layered the leaves and flowers. Very pretty as a final goodbye to Sale-a-Bration! Hugs, M

Patti said...

The flowers and leaves are gorgeous!

Denise said...

Great use of the scalloped circle die... cute, cute, cute!