Wednesday, March 4, 2009

3 Little Chicks

Spring is in the air! Tomorrow it's supposed to get near 50 degrees here. Heat wave!!

I have an organizational unit in my craft room where I store all my holiday stamps. There are one or two drawers for each major holiday. I opened the Easter drawer to see what goodies were in there and came across these three little chicks that is a stamp from Magenta. Aren't they sweet?

I started this Easter card using Lovely Lilac SU! cardstock for the card base. The fun green polka dot paper is from DCWV Spring Collection. I stamped my image in black and colored in the chicks with SU! YoYo Yellow, Only Orange, Lovely Lilac, and Pretty in Pink. The background was lightly colored in green using watercolor pencils and a blender pen. I cut out each stamped image and layered it on top a piece of Basic Gray cardstock. I used Whisper White cardstock and the Scallop Edge punch to add another layer above my chicks. The finishing touch was adding Prima flowers.

I hope you are having a great week! My son & I are still recovering from our colds. They are just hanging on a little bit. Last night I was very excited to purchase tickets to see Joel Osteen in Columbus, OH in May! He is such an inspiration and I've wanted to catch one of his events for several years now. I'm very excited to be going!

Enjoy the rest of your day and stop back soon! Take care and happy stamping!

4 comments:

Kris said...

These chicks are so cute!

I love the use of polka dots.

Mary Fish said...

Perfect Easter color combo. So clever. You quack me up! Hugs, Mary

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh I love those cute chicks.

Carrie said...

Very cute. The flowers give it the perfect touch! I love polka dots :)