Friday, February 6, 2009

Thoughts and Prayers - Stampin' Up! New Set

Happy Friday!

I have received several e-mails about my mailboxes. I’m glad my idea was a hit! I have filled them twice this week. The first time they received homemade chocolate chip cookies with a handmade heart-shaped tag. The second time I gave my husband a Double Peanut Butter Reeses Peanut Butter Heart (he loves peanut butter) and my son received a little M&M guy filled with mini M&M’s. They are loving it, especially my little one. He would like something in there everyday. Too cute!

I received in the mail this week the much anticipated new Stampin’ Up! set called Thoughts & Prayers. I absolutely adore this set. The stamps and sayings are just beautiful. I used this set last night as I was watching Grey’s Anatomy. I also incorporated into my creation SU! Good Morning Sunshine Designers Series paper. This paper is also new to SU! and the designs on these papers are really unique. I decided to mat my patterned papers on black cardstock to make the colors really pop. They are so vibrant.

After I finished this card last night, I played a little with my new SU! Embosslits Dies I purchased along with my stamps. I never used these before. I made my first Cherry Blossom and was giddy like a little girl. It embosses and punches out the shape. The impression is so defined, just like the Cuttlebug embossing folders. I will post this weekend the card I am making with this die.

Any plans for the weekend? I hope to finish a scrapbook layout of my son’s first trip to the dentist. I will post it if I get it done, but don’t hold your breath! Saturday is going to be close to 50 degrees so I may take my son sledding. There is so much snow on the ground it will take days to melt.

Have fun & I’ll be back soon! Thank you for stopping by.



All supplies from Stampin’ Up! (unless noted otherwise):
Stamps – Thoughts & Prayers
Designer Series Paper – Good Morning Sunshine
Cardstock – Old Olive, Basic Black
Ink – Old Olive, Basic Black
American Crafts Ribbon

6 comments:

Kris said...

I love how you stamped directly on top of the DSP.

Beautiful card, Tiffany.

Kim said...

Very pretty card Tiffany! I ordered this set as well, can't wait to get it! Have fun sledding :)

Mary Fish said...

Wow, the paper really does pop against black. This stamp set is beautiful and it will be on my wish list! Did you use markers to do two colors on the tree? I'm giddy over Embosslits, too! Hugs, M

Anonymous said...

How did you decide to stamp directly on top of the DSP? Ingenious.

Anonymous said...

Hello Tiffany....
Great work very petty.... I have looking.... scs hotwheels

Anonymous said...

If you could e-mail me with a few suggestions on just how you made your blog look this excellent, I would be grateful.