Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Another Year Older, Another Year Wiser?

Is that how the saying goes? We only get better with age, correct? That is what I keep telling myself at least. I feel I'm getting smarter. Could it be? I do have days though where I feel like I'm losing my mind! Since having a child, I need to make lists and write things down. It angers me I have to do this because I never had to before! Is it because we are so busy and have 10 things going on at once, or do those babies really suck the brains out of you? I can't control it, so I guess I just have to deal with it.

I have a birthday coming up next month. I don't get overly excited about them. I truly enjoy being the gift giver but not the receiver. Even as a kid, I loved handing out cookies and goodie bags on my birthday to my friends.

So since I am tired of making Valentines at this point, it was a breath of fresh air to take out some different stamps from my stash! This one, Crazy for Cupcakes, will never go out of style!

I hope my cupcake photographed ok. I used Liquid Applique to make it look like it was really frosted. This was my first attempt with it, so if you have any tips or advice, let me know! The rest of the supplies I used are listed at the bottom of this post.

My son is still checking his Valentines Day mailbox daily. He is so cute. This morning he told me there will be something in there when he gets home tonight. Oh boy! Luckily I had a little bag of Jelly Belly's to stick in there. Whew!

Enjoy your day! God bless.


All supplies from Stampin' Up! unless noted otherwise:
Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes, Fundamental Phrases
Designer Series Paper: Delicate Dots (free from Sale-A-Bration catalog and $50 order)
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Whisper White
Ink: Bashful Blue, Black, Summer Sun, Close to Cocoa

Punches: Eyelet Border, Word Window
White brads
Liquid Applique (Marvy)
White and blue ribbon

4 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Yummy and so pretty.

Mary Fish said...

A perfectly delicious and beautifully executed card. Wow. I noticed your birthday was approaching, too! Hugs, Mary

Kris said...

This is really cute, I have a hard time working with the crazy for cupcakes set. But you on the other hand executed with it perfectly.

You & Mary are convincing me that I need to place an order to earn that Delicate Dots paper.

Niki Estes said...

This is so cute, Tiffany! I love the colors and the frosting on the cake!

I have to make lists, too. I vote it's mommy brain! lol