Sunday, November 9, 2008

Stampin' Up! Pocket Silhouettes

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for all the nice e-mails wishing me luck on my test. I can happily say I passed! I'm so glad that it's over. Now I can concentrate on getting ready for the holidays. I am hosting both Thanksgiving and Christmas. I am also hosting two birthday parties in between. I have a lot of work to do!!!

One of the birthdays in between the holidays is my mother-in-laws. She lives in an independent senior living community. It's pretty big and she is always in need of a card for someone whether it be birthday, get well, just because, etc.

I made her a set of note cards using rectangular Nestabilities and one of my new favorite sets from the Stampin' Up! catalog called Pocket Silhouettes (item #111672, pg. 98). It's cute, simple, and inexpensive (under $20). I see myself using this set year-round, for any season or occasion. I'm going to include with this set of cards matching envelopes and a book of stamps. I have made sets of cards for others as a gift and it's always a hit! Keep that in mind for that person on your list that is hard to buy for.

I used 4 colors to make this set and they are all Stampin' Up! colors:

Whisper White
Summer Sun
Pretty In Pink
Lavender Lace
Bashful Blue

I have much more holiday paper-crafting to show you this week, so be sure to check back. Thank you for visiting my blog today! I love to read your comments, so don't be shy to leave me one!

Tiffany

P.S. Don't forget - Stampin' Up! Snow Swirled (item# 111690, pg 32) is on sale this month only at Tiffany's Cardtique. Save -20% through November 30th. Just drop me an e-mail at tiffanymiller1@verizon.net with your order and you'll have it in plenty of time to make your Christmas cards.

3 comments:

Kim said...

GREAT set Tiffany!! Love the colors you choose too! Soft yet cheerful!!!

Mary Fish said...

so simply and pretty . . .I love sets like this and need to try some more! Hugs, Mary

Kris said...

I love these cards. Simple yet striking!