Sunday, November 2, 2008

SOS - Holiday Creation To The Rescue!

Am I bad or what? I haven't posted anything I created for a week! It's totally not like me and I'll tell you why. I have been studying for an insurance exam I have to take this Wednesday. I have all my designations for my current position, but I need some additional ones to make myself marketable to other areas of the company. It's not fun, let me tell you. You get one shot at the test and it's pass or fail. They are expensive to take and just very stressful. I'm going to be working for the next 30 years (argh!) and I don't plan being in my current position for that long so I'm pushing myself to just do it!

For a little stress relief during my study breaks I finished up this Christmas gift set. I am determined to use up my older supplies this Christmas so next year I can buy all new stuff!

This patterned paper is retired from Stampin' Up! but I'm sure you've got some patterned paper with snowflakes somewhere in your stash! This paper matched up beautifully with SU! Sage Shadow. You will find that SU! cardstock colors match many other brands of patterned paper from other companies. I do it all the time because SU! cardstock is by far my favorite.

I combined the papers with my new favorite Stampin' Up! Christmas set, Snow Swirled (item #111690). The "Merry Christmas" is actually a rub-on from Pebbles Inc. I stamped the snowflakes in Stampin' Up! Whisper White Craft ink and also inked the edges of the squares in them.

The top of the nugget tin is a giant felt snowflake from the Stampin' Up! Holiday Mini Catalog. They are called Little Felt Flurries and they come in 3 different colors. I just love them and I couldn't believe how many you received in a package - 69 pieces!!!! I jazzed them up with a few clear rhinestones and attached a tag using my Making Memories tag maker.

I hope you had a wonderful weekend and wish my luck on my test this Wednesday. I promise I will be back to posting regularly and getting you ready for the holiday season after Wednesday.

Take care.

Tiffany

* Tiffany's Cardtique November Stampin' Up! Stamp Set of the Month Special is Snow-Swirled! E-mail me to get your set -20% off at tiffanymiller1@verizon.net.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Very pretty gift set! You'll be in my prayers that you pass that test :)

Mary Fish said...

Love the card and tin . . . perfect for this week's Pals' snowflake challenge. Send me the deets! Hugs,

Mary

Sandra Smart said...

Thank you for the nice comment Tiffany! I will pray that you do well on your exam!
And this gift set is beautiful.

Niki Estes said...

This is so pretty, Tiffany! I love the colors and snowflakes! Hope the exam went well!