Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Simple Christmas Cards

We received a foot of snow yesterday! Can you believe it? The drive into work yesterday morning was fun. I'm being sarcastic of course! My card today corresponds with what we have here in Erie, PA - a winter wonderland.

I think I mentioned before, I have to make approximately 50 Christmas cards this year. I'm almost half way there. I made a bunch this past weekend using some of the Stampin' Up! patterned paper from the Holiday Mini Catalog.

The paper I used here is from the SU! Ski Slope collection. Isn't it pretty? My photograph is a bit washed out (too much light), so the paper is actually prettier in person. I added some Martha Stewart ribbon over the seam. It matches perfectly with this paper. Bonus!

The punch and stamp is the new Curly Label Punch Bundle (item# 112966), from the latest Stampin' Up! catalog. If you don't have it, get it! It's so cute and versatile. You get 4 stamps and the punch for under $35. I love it!!!

I layered the stamped punch out on top of a snowflake from the Stampin' Up! Little Felt Flurries (item #113697). I embossed the bottom portion of the card with my snowflake Cuttlebug embossing folder. Quick and easy! Here are some more pictures of similar ones I made with different papers and colors, but the same design.
I hope this gives you some ideas for your holiday cards!

Stay tuned for some scrapbook pages!!!! I completed several scrapbook pages this weekend and finished a second scrapbook of my son. I'm only 1 year behind now. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Tiffany



3 comments:

Kim said...

These are great cards!! Can't wait to see your scrapbook pages - I am soooo far behind and maybe I'll get that nudge to start doing some more. PS - Thanks so much for my b-day card - very pretty and so thoughtful of you!

Kris said...

Love these holiday card options!!

What a way to showcase the DSP.

Beautiful, thanks for the ideas.

Mary Fish said...

I love the tag layered over the snowflake . . . classy but simply layout. Cool. Hugs, Mary