Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Scallop Punch Turkey

I wanted to make a handful of Thanksgiving cards to mail to my out of town family and a few other people like my mother and babysitter who I am so thankful for! My mother is always there for me and my sitter takes the best of care of my most precious gift in life - my son! I cannot thank them enough for all they do!

In a recent Stampin' Up! demonstrator magazine, they provided us with directions to make this adorable turkey. Check out the instructions below. It's so easy!

I embossed the front of this card using my Big Shot and chalked the stems in green. I used a large circle Nestabilities to cut out a window in the front and a green circle to layer the turkey on inside.

So how are your dinner plans coming along? I am in good shape! My turkey is safely thawing in the frig. My husband is extending the table today and bringing up the chairs from the basement. I am taking my son to get his hair cut after work and tomorrow night I get mine trimmed. We're getting there!!!

Have a great day and I hope you have some time to make some of these turkeys! Thanks for stopping by!

Tiffany

Supplies for card:
Stampin' Up! Cardstock - Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Ruby Red, Garden Green, Black, Really Rust

Stampin Pastels (chalk)
Stampin Up! Punches- Scallop circle, Circles - 1/4, 3/4, 1 3/8
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Pumpkin Harvest
Nestabilities - Classic Circle
Hero Arts Stamp - Happy Thanksgiving





3 comments:

luv2scrap said...

Cute card! Love the turkey. One thing is for sure -- we should all feel thankful that you started your blog this year because you've shown us so many different ways to be creative. You're truly talented, so count that as a blessing, too...

Kim said...

Isn't he the cutest turkey!! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving - remember, eat ham :)
Many Blessings

Anonymous said...

Love the turkey....
Did you use the Big Shot to do the
Cuttlebug embossing folder?
Can you share the stack that you used to do the Cuttlebug?
Thanks....
Just got a Bigkick and trying to figure it all out