Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Mark Your Spot - Handmade Bookmarks

Greeting friends!

I have a clever little gift idea for the holidays to share with you today.

My husband is extremely difficult to shop for so I usually buy him a book or two for Christmas to read over the winter. I stumbled across this cute handmade bookmark over at Splitcoaststampers (TLC 187) a couple months ago and had to give it a try. I thought it would be great to include along with the books I buy him for Christmas. It's so easy and cute I ended up making one for myself!

I am currently reading, "Love Your Life" by Victoria Osteen. I love to read self-help and inspiring books. My husband enjoys non-fiction, drama type books. If you have any suggestions, please let me know!

I have pictured here the bookmark I made for my husband and the one for me! Can you tell which one belongs to me?

As far as the supplies I used, I used Stampin' Up! cardstock for the base. You need something thick and sturdy. The patterned paper is Doodlebug on mine, and Daisy D's on my husbands. My husbands was decorated using the Stampin' Up! Photo Corners punch and a clear sticker with the word "remember" on it. I dressed mine up with Doodlebug Paper Frills and Stampin' Up! rub-ons.

Speaking of rub-ons, Stampin' Up! is having an awesome sale on them right now! Spend $20 on any Stampin' Up! product, and get -20% off rub-ons! Check them out by clicking here.

I hope your week is going well. I signed up for my next insurance exam for the beginning of next year. While I'm in the mode, I might as well keep on going. I am debating going back to college next year too. We'll see. Can you tell I'm itching for a change??? :)

Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!

Tiffany

3 comments:

luv2scrap said...

Absolutely love the bookmark. What a great idea, and it's neat how you'd be able to personalize it so much with the colors and designs and even the message. Boy, I'd love to order a few of those from you for Christmas; I could use several for friends who love reading.

Kim said...

Adorable Tiffany. Might have to make a few of these myself for gifts :)

Mary Fish said...

Beautiful work. I love how these bookmarks snug right into the book . . . nothing hanging out. Hugs, M