Sunday, November 30, 2008

Glitter Window Card

Hello everyone!

Saturday morning we went for our Christmas family photograph. I had them take some of Brandon alone too since he will be 3 in a couple weeks. They turned out pretty good. We'll get them back in week or so.

My creation I am sharing with you today is a little out of the ordinary for me. I would never use purple for a Christmas card, but the patterned paper led me to do so. It's a shimmery paper from Reminisce cut into a 3x3 square. I used Stampin' Up! Lovely Lilac for the base of the card and ran it through my Big Shot using a snowflake Cuttlebug embossing folder. I mounted the 3x3 patterned paper square on pop dots to the embossed card base.

The center of the card is the fun part! I cut out a Nestabilities scallop square for the frame and then used a smaller regular square to make a window for the center. I stamped in Lovely Lilac ink a snowflake from the SU! Snow Swirled set on white cardstock. I took about a 3 inch long piece of clear packing tape and shook Dazzling Diamonds glitter over the center of the tape. I wrapped the tape around my stamped image making sure the glitter part covered my snowflake. I glued the glitter snowflake piece to the back of the frame and adhered it to the card.

For a finishing touch I chalked in white (Stampin' Pastels) the snowflakes and the edge of the scallop frame.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to drop me an e-mail. Coming up next is a snowman card made out of Lake Erie beach glass! Wait until you see this!!!

Have a wonderful day and thank you for dropping in!

Tiffany

3 comments:

Kris said...

Very pretty... I for one, am all for non-traditional Christmas colors.

Can't wait to see your snowman!

Kim said...

Love snowflakes and your card :) Thanks for the technique tip -

Mary Fish said...

So pretty. Love the mix of blues! Hugs, Mary