Friday, October 24, 2008

Teacher Gift Idea - Coaster Calendar

Hello everyone!

Are your wheels starting to turn about what to get everyone for Christmas, or better yet, what you are going to craft this season for gifts?

I have received several requests for teacher gift ideas. In a recent article called "What Teachers Really Want", from FamilyFun.com, they say:

Some schools issue guidelines on gift giving and getting. Parents are urged to keep it simple, with presents such as handmade art projects or cookies. They are also warned to be sensitive to religious and cultural differences.

I have a great idea that would be within most school guidelines - a desk calendar! This desk calendar is made out of two coasters. I simply attached this chalkboard-like patterned paper from Provo Craft with Mod Podge. I used my Crop-A-Dile to punch 3 holes in each coaster and attached the two coasters with some thick ribbon to match the paper.

On the inside, I stamped on black cardstock a sentiment from Stampin' Up! Best Yet hostess set and added a little ribbon and flower. I adhered a little tear off calendar on the other side and that is it!I have another desktop calendar idea you can make for your friends coming up in another posting so stay tuned.

I hope you have a wonderful day and I'll be back this weekend! Take care and thanks for stopping by!

Tiffany

2 comments:

Kim said...

LOVE it Tiffany!!! Where in the world did you find little tear off calendars! Excellent teachers gift!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!