Monday, September 29, 2008

A Sign of the Season

Hello friends!

Saturday I attended a wonderful and inspiring Women's Retreat at my church. The theme was inner beauty. I met some really nice women and even found a new scrapbooking buddy! God is good!

As I was driving home from the retreat, I couldn't believe the site of some of the leaves on the trees already! They are turning really fast here and it's so beautiful. It's a sure sign of the change in season! I tried to capture the beauty of the season with this card.

I took a plain piece of Stampin' Up! Very Vanilla cardstock and made a 6.5 x 5 inch card. I cut off 2 inches of the cover and adhered the Fall Trees patterned paper by PSX to the remaining 3 inches. I have a gorgeous multi-colored ink pad from Adirondack called "Woodlands". It's perfect for trees and leaves to get that variegated look. I stamped 3 different leaf stamps on the inside of the card on the part you will see from the front. The leaf stamps are from Rubber Stampede and Inkadinkado.

The autumn saying is a Hero Arts stamp I stamped on another piece of Very Vanilla cardstock using the same ink pad as the leaves. I added a couple copper brads from Making Memories and attached it to the card on pop dots. I inked all the edges with the Woodlands ink pad.

Don't forget, World Card Making Day is this Saturday. Be sure to stop by for some fun things I have to share!

Tiffany

4 comments:

Kim said...

Ooooooo, looks so crisp and fallish!! Love the card!

maryfish said...

Wonderful fall images and colors . . . Hugs, M

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

i truly adore your own writing taste, very exciting.
don't quit as well as keep penning mainly because it simply truly worth to follow it,
impatient to find out more and more of your articles, good bye :)