Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

Happy Fall!

I know, I know. I'm posting a card about snow and saying happy fall? Yesterday, the first day of fall, I felt like making a Christmas card! I guess fall just puts me in the mood to create because it gets darker out sooner and colder. I'm silly, I know!

Ok, before I tell you about my card creation here I have some exciting news! I received an e-mail yesterday from Splitcoaststampers that I am going to be the Inspiration Challenge host on World Card Making Day (October 4th) on their website!!!! I am very excited about this!!! What an awesome opportunity. So along with all the fun stuff here, you will also need to play along with my challenge at Splitcoaststampers, ok? Promise??? :)

Isn't the snowman cute on this card?! I just love him!The cardstock is Confetti White from Stampin' Up! (page 166, #102028 in the current catalog). I needed extra speckles in between my snowflakes and this paper was perfect for that. The cardstock and ink color I used is Brocade Blue from the Stampin' Up! Rich Regals collection. The snowflakes are just gorgeous and can be found in the SU! set Snow Swirled (pg 32, #11690). I love this set! I will be posting this week or next a really pretty card using the tree in this set. I love the sayings that come with it too. The cute little snowman and "Let it Snow" are from a clear set of stamps from Doodlebug. I added a few touches that are hard to see in this photograph. I added a hint of clear glitter to each snowflake to make them sparkle. I added two Brocade Blue (SU!) brads for buttons on the snowman. To add some extra softness I used Brocade Blue chalk from Stampin' Pastels (pg 163, #105542) to fill in the snowman and a light dusting on the saying.

I hope you are having a wonderful first week of fall and that you are getting geared up for my fun filled World Card Making Day! Someone asked me how many cards you will be able to make in my Christmas Card Kit I am releasing that day, and the answer is 10 cards! You're going to love them!

Thanks for stopping by and God bless!

Tiffany

6 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh what fun, so cute.

Jamie Martin said...

Very nice, the snowman is too cute :)

Kim said...

Adorable Tiffany! Wait to you see one of the projects I created with my Sweet Treats class - we must have been on the same wavelength!!

Sandra Smart said...

Hi Tiffany! Thanks for stopping by my blog...so nice to "meet" new people!
Your cards are adorable!
And congrats on being picked as the inspiration host, will have to see what you come up with!

Mary Fish said...

Congrats on the inspiration host. Please be sure to remind the rest of the pals to play along! Hugs M

luv2scrap said...

What an honor, inspiration host. You must be so excited. You totally deserve it. Love the snowman, by the way, on this very cute card. But I have to ask you to post more Halloween if you can. Don't rush Christmas! It stresses me out!