Friday, July 11, 2008

Spring Card for a Christmas Card!

Hello friends!

I am so past due for a blog posting! How do you like this, Christmas in July with a Spring Card! I get a little nutty over anything with really cool folds, or origami as they call it. I saw this on Splitcoaststampers a couple weeks ago and had to try it. I challenge myself every year to start my Christmas cards in July, but it has yet to happen. This year, I have a head start.

If you click on Spring Card, it will take you to the tutorial on Splitcoaststampers. It's easy. Don't be intimated at all!

Supplies I used: Patterned paper by Basic Grey - Figgy Pudding, Li'l Davis Designs "Christmas" stamp set, SU! Hodgepodge Hardware in Antique Brass, Vintage Snowflake button by Buttons Galore & More, and twill musical notes ribbon.


Once I completed my folds, I cut a 3.25 x 3.25 square of paper to stamp on for the center. I stamped "Joy" in SU! Basic Black ink and then crumbled it up and unfolded it to make it rugged looking. I inked the edges with SU! Basic Black ink. I attached my hardware, did a little paper piercing near "Joy", and glued this entire piece to the card. I glued my photo corners down on the base of the card and did a little paper piercing there too and attached a brad in the center. I love things that are different! I'll have to show you my Christmas card from last year. It was a hit!

Thanks for stopping by & TGIF!

Tiffany

4 comments:

stampin' pretty pals said...

I love this spring card. I have it on my to do list! Great job and thanks for the link to the tutorial.

M

Kim said...

I will definitely have to add this to my list of folds - thanks for the link

Niki Estes said...

Very pretty, Tiffany! I love the colors!

luv2scrap said...

This is definitely being added to my list of folds as well. Looking forward to what you create next!