Thursday, July 24, 2008

Design Team Challenge - White Space

The weekend is finally here! I took my son to one of his favorite places this morning -the zoo! It was a beautiful morning for it and he had a good time.

I mentioned to you earlier this week that I am on a design team! The name of the website is Stamps-Paper-Scissors. The store has been online for 3 months now. The main seller is greeting cards with matching envelopes. She also sells other handmades such as altered tins, clippy boards, plates, etc.

I participated in my first weekly challenge at Stamps-Paper-Scissors, which was to incorporate white space in our card or project, and make it compliment our layout.

I took Stampin' Up! Whisper White cardstock and made a 4.25 x 5.5 inch card. I embossed the front of the card with a floral Cuttlebug embossing folder. I used Stampin' Up! Pretty in Pink cardstock to make a 1/2 x 4.25 inch strip and 2" square for my centerpiece. I stamped in SU! Pretty in Pink ink, "Flowers say Hello from the Heart" (stamp by Hero Arts) on Whisper White cardstock. I punched it out with a Marvy scallop square punch and attached it to my pink square. I attached Wilton Lace Scrapbook Trim on either side of the square to finish it off. Pretty simple!

I hope your weekend is going nice and slow so you get the most out of it! I hit over 5,000 on my counter so blog candy will be on the way - hopefully tomorrow or Monday. Check back soon!

Tiffany

4 comments:

Julie.G said...

Very pretty card...simple and very feminine....great job!

Kim said...

Pretty card! Congrats again for being chosen to participate on a design team :) Have fun!

Niki Estes said...

This is very pretty, Tiffany! I love the pink and white with the embossing!

luv2scrap said...

Such a lovely card. Congratulations on being selected for a design team. You deserve it!