Sunday, June 22, 2008

Altered Tin for Cards

Happy Summer!

Summer has arrived! I decided to take my photography outside this weekend. My flowers are in bloom and the sun is out!

This project came out of the "blue" for me! I was at Michael's and they had on clearance these adorable tins for $1. The bottom of it is solid blue and the lid is blue with white polka dots. I just bought it with no clue what I was going to do with it. When I got home, I found the perfect paper to go with it. I picked it up last month when I was at my sisters in IN. The brand is the Paper Studio. I had a sheet in the wavy background and a sheet with these huge flowers on it. I cut out two of the large flowers from the sheet. I layered and creased them in a little to give it some dimension. I also cut out the center of the flower and mounted it on pop dots. See what you can do with just 2 coordinating pieces of patterned paper? The "T" is a silver metal monogram. I tied American Crafts ribbon on it in the same colors as the paper & attached white grosgrain ribbon on the trim of the lid. I am going to use this to store some of my cards in. Maybe just my summer ones!

Thanks for stopping by and wait until you see the cute card I'm working on using Stampin' Up! Pun Fun set! I'll be posting that soon along with a tutorial on using Fun Flock!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Tiffany

2 comments:

Mary Fish said...

Hi Tiffany: Keep those creative ideas rolling. This tin is fabulous.

You have been officially tagged (frankly, double tagged). Please visit www.stampinpretty.com for the rules and to decide if you want to play one, none or both. Hugs. M

Dawn said...

how did you adhere the paper to the tin?